IGNORED

Question about Milton Bradley Canada carts

tonki

Hi, I'm new here, both to the forums and to VCS collecting. I found a few games at the flea market earlier today, and one of them was a Survival Run cart manufactured, apparently, in Canada. Since the label is different from the one listed on the site, I'm wondering if the rarity is different as well. Any response is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Welcome to Atari Age.. I'm sure you'll love it here.

Survival Run seems to be a fair bit more common in Canada than in the U.S., so the "Canadian" rarity would be a lower number.

The rarity figures on the site are a North American average.. but some cartridges are easier to find some places than in others. Spectravision games are a lot more common in Canada than in the U.S., whereas games by some manufacturers were never released in Canada, making them very difficult to find in the Great White North.

KA

Hello, I have both of the Milton Bradley games.

The only difference as far I have seen between the 2 Milton Bradley games Survival Run and Spitfire Attack are that in the Canadian versions the label says Milton Bradley Canada , and in french it says for/pour atari 2600. and then it says Milton Bradley Canada 1983 or something like that in fine print.

I'l bet that the games were manufactured in the states but the Labels were just printed differently for the Candadian release.

As long as we're on this subject, Survival Run is pretty lame, but Spitfire is pretty good. Now if only I could find the special controllers that were originally sold for those.....and yes I'm sure that the odds of finding a Canadian label in the states is rare, but that goes for all label variations.

Do yourself a favour and don't get caught up on label variations, its a sure way to go bonkers.