IGNORED

What NTSC Channel for a PAL 7800?

PacManPlus

Hi:

I just acquired a PAL 7800 but I am having trouble getting a picture. I tried channels 2, 3, and 4 but I get static. The light on the unit itself goes on, so I know my AC adapter and the 7800 is ok. That leaves me with 2 questions:

1) Is there a different channel I would use to see this on an NTSC TV?

2) I am assuming the power supply *output* is the same here as it is overseas? (I am using my own power supply with this PAL unit). Is this true?

Thanks for your help. :)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Try the much higher channels. I have used PAL Famicom systems (I know not even an Atari product, just taking a stab at it) that had to be on like channel 44 or 63 or something silly like that. I'm more than sure someone from across the pond will chime in to tell you the right channel.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I'm actually going to be using it just for testing. I'm about to start working on a project and I'd like to be able to do it in NTSC and PAL formats.

Also, if it's not too difficult, I'd like to modify Pac Man Collection for PAL if I can find the time to do it.

Thanks! :)

Thanks Shawn for the info :)

Edited by PacManPlus

If you want some NTSC and PAL 7800 testing, then just holler ;)

Most RF based PAL computers and consoles from the 80s were located in the channel 35-38 area. I believe my PAL C64, PAL Vic20, PAL 2600 and PAL 7800 are all in that region. Actually I tweaked my C64 to about 38 because it interfered with a TV station (Channel Five).

I'm actually going to be using it just for testing. I'm about to start working on a project and I'd like to be able to do it in NTSC and PAL formats.

Also, if it's not too difficult, I'd like to modify Pac Man Collection for PAL if I can find the time to do it.

That's a wonderful news, i do want Pac Man Collection on my PAL 7800 ! :) :)

That's a wonderful news, i do want Pac Man Collection on my PAL 7800 ! :) :)

it does work on a PAL system but has a few graphix glitches at the bottom of the screen.

ver very playable :D