IGNORED

sigh.....Tax refund in, no Wii's anywhere to be found....

Of course, when the money's gone, you won't be able to swing a dead cat without hitting a stack of Wii's.....

Just thought I would rant a bit.....

I like dead cats, especially under my tires! :twisted:

If you really want a Wii right now, you might just have to break down and buy one off a scalper. That is an unappealing thought though.

Of course, when the money's gone, you won't be able to swing a dead cat without hitting a stack of Wii's.....

Just thought I would rant a bit.....

If you really want a Wii right now, you might just have to break down and buy one off a scalper. That is an unappealing thought though.

ive seen some off ebay ending around 300 before... thats not TOO much of an increase on price.. better than it used to be in the 4-500s

For shame! Need I inform you that I am an honorary member of the SPCA?

At any rate, I know how you feel, back in 2001 I'd gotten my tax refund and was hoping to score a PS2, but they were still sold out. I would get one as a birthday present in April (sadly, the same week my first pet I ever owned passed away. :sad: )

The secret to getting a Wii is to verify a weekend that your local Target will have a shipment coming in. Once you know they're getting some, arrive at the store around 6:30 AM on Sunday morning. They'll hand out the tickets about 7:00 AM and tell you to come back when they open at 8:00 AM. Follow these instructions, and you'll leave the store with a Wii. :)

At least, that's how I got mine. Speaking with others around the country, it seems to work for them too.

The secret to getting a Wii is to verify a weekend that your local Target will have a shipment coming in. Once you know they're getting some, arrive at the store around 6:30 AM on Sunday morning. They'll hand out the tickets about 7:00 AM and tell you to come back when they open at 8:00 AM. Follow these instructions, and you'll leave the store with a Wii. :)

At least, that's how I got mine. Speaking with others around the country, it seems to work for them too.

I used the RSS feed from the Wii Tracker website to get mine:

http://www.xpbargains.com/wii_locator.php

Setup an RSS reader that makes some kind of noise or pops up a notification when updates appear and you'll know within minutes when an online store has the Wii in stock. This is how I was able to get an unbundled Wii at Sears.com. In OS X I use NewsFire and Thunderbird for managing RSS feeds.

..Al

I used the RSS feed from the Wii Tracker website to get mine:

http://www.xpbargains.com/wii_locator.php

Setup an RSS reader that makes some kind of noise or pops up a notification when updates appear and you'll know within minutes when an online store has the Wii in stock. This is how I was able to get an unbundled Wii at Sears.com. In OS X I use NewsFire and Thunderbird for managing RSS feeds.

..Al

Or you could just walk into a Best Buy and get lucky, that's what happened to me. :) I was surprised they didn't bother to put them out on the shelves, they had the Wii's in the back room. I wonder how many times I walked into a BB and assumed they didn't have any Wii's in stock because they weren't out on the floor?

Tempest

I wonder how many times I walked into a BB and assumed they didn't have any Wii's in stock because they weren't out on the floor?

When I was looking, I always asked. Unfortunately, I never got lucky. :(

Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that I never get to the stores on a weekday. :ponder:

For shame! Need I inform you that I am an honorary member of the SPCA?

Don't you get it? The "I like cats dead" boasting is code for = I am a toughguy grrrr, like Jeffrey Dahmer or Dylan Klebold.

Well at least I don't eat cats. Hmm, I do eat at a local korean resaurant though.

I like seeing cat killers under my tires. :)

Wii's routinely become available online, i think there is even a site that provides notifications when they become available at major retailers. I think its the thing Albert mentioned but there might be more than one.

Edited by Atariboy

I kinda have the reverse problem here. We got a Wii, and THEN got the tax refund. Then we got a new tv with said refund, and now the Wii hurts my eyes to play it. Must...get...component cables....

A Lobo avatar! 5 stars for that my man. Yes by all means get yourself a component cable, not only does it sharpen up the picture it makes point and click typing a zllion times easier (although I still say the Wii needs a "Wiiboard").

Apparently Target's web inventory is real time or damn close to it...someone one the local Craigslist published this tip to thwart scalpers, it's how I scored my Wii and advised a coworker how to get one.

Wii at Target

Right now it says "Limited Availability" for a store at Biddeford, ME, I'd call 'em now were I you.

Good luck,

Eric

Apparently Target's web inventory is real time or damn close to it...someone one the local Craigslist published this tip to thwart scalpers, it's how I scored my Wii and advised a coworker how to get one.

Wii at Target

Right now it says "Limited Availability" for a store at Biddeford, ME, I'd call 'em now were I you.

That's great, I'm pretty sure I looked at their site a month or two ago and there was no way to get information on products in their stores (and especially not the Wii). I typed in my zip code (44052) and there are two stores that show "Limited Availability". I assume this means only one or two in stock.

As for Craigslist, I watched the Austin pages for a bit and the scalpers wasted no time in flagging messages that tell people how they can get a Wii without paying through the nose for one.

..Al

I'm convinced I will never own one.

Yet my brother went to the store last week and bought TWO OF THEM

And of course he has to brag about it

some brother! he didnt give you the other one?? meanie :D

oh btw, call walmart at 12.. when i found the one i was giving to my mom they said they just put it out and it was about 12 in the afternoon.

Wii at Target

Good luck,

Eric

Hmmm.......Biddeford's right on the way to work......But.....It's like the crappiest town in Maine though, I hate going there. I can wait awhile longer if need be. But bonuses at work come this week.......must..ponder..this....

This one's for the husbands, and also for their long-suffering wives...should I just say screw it, and bring one home?

A Lobo avatar! 5 stars for that my man. Yes by all means get yourself a component cable, not only does it sharpen up the picture it makes point and click typing a zllion times easier (although I still say the Wii needs a "Wiiboard").

How many stars do i get for having "Main Man" tattooed across my fingers? :D

As to the Wii situation, i have now seen a couple at Dayton area stores...they seem to finally be making it to the display cases on occasion. Hang on to that tax return, it can't be too much longer! :)