IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Feeling out of place at Gamestop.

RSS Bot

Today on the way home from having lunch with my Wife KellyJo i for some reason stopped in at our local Gamestop.I figured i would see what they might have stock and such.(I dont own any of the systems they sell games for so why i would stop who knows?).

Well,anyway while i was in the store for the very brief five minutes or so i got a weird feeling.Like i dont belong in there and i felt kind of out of place and almost dirty.It was really strange.

I high tailed out of the store,jumped into my car and drove down to the Goodwill down the road.Where i felt oddly anuff better.It was like it was o.k. to be at the Goodwill but not the Gamestop.

The only thing i can figure on this one was that Gamestop has only new items and games and Goodwill has all older stuff(well for the most part i did spot six copies of Viewtiful Joe for the DS still in sealed boxes).

At the Gamestop they were playing some of the newest pop music and i had no ideal who was singing it,and all the games i looked at had either some dark evil looking dude,a nearly naked chick(ok that wasnt too bad),or some anime inspired box cover.

I guess am getting old and i just dont care much for the new games anymore.(I do find the Wii to be pretty cool but i only dig Wii Sports).So that must be the cause of it.Am just not cool(like i ever was)anymore.

Give me a good old "Mom and Pop" gameshop anyday(as long as they dont have "Jacked" prices)or even GameCrazy who still carries older games(Sega Genesis,NES,and even Atari sometimes).

I like older stuff, its like along lost friend when you find something you have been looking for.Keep your PS3s and Xbox 360s.I want to play Atari,Sega,Turbo-16,and anything else the "Kids" are not playing.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3002