IGNORED

Raynham Flea Action...

Anyone been down there lately? Is the video game store from Middleboro still there (they usually bring bunches of common stuff for classic systems... looking for NES this time!)? I'm having a "daddy-daughter" morning with the almost 3 year old, and she loves to add to our collection. Thanks!

BU

How was it? I havent been out to that place in a couple of years, heck I remember the one that burned down.

Nothing too great... the store in Middleboro has a booth inside, with bins (anywhere from 20-100 games) for classic systems (pre NES/Genesis) for $5 each (except for 2600, which are at $2 each). Also newer stuff from $5 and up.

Also one guy outside with a bunch of NES stuff from $5 and up. Ended up getting 3 NES games for $20 between the two... probably could have gotten the items cheaper off of EBay but didn't want to leave empty handed (and couldn't resist the Sesame Street game for my daughter!).

Waiting for garage sale season, although I never seem to find anything at all :roll:

BU

I havent been to the Raynham flea in a while. Last time the guy from Middleboro was there and the guy who used to run Worldwide Video games was outside. I picked up a few cheap 2600 and 7800 games.

I used to love the one in Taunton. The place was a dump inside, but outside was decent. Every now and then you could pick up something good especially NES games.

Too bad the place burned down, a lot of cockroaches lost their home that day.

Pretty sure the outside guy was the Worldwide Video guy... never hit his store (of course I now live in Weymouth), but from descriptions I've heard, it seemed like him. Unless you find something at a garage sale (looked for about 10-15 weekend last spring/summer and found 1 Atari 2600 for .25 and that was it) or at a thrift store (in a year, have only ever found a FFVII which I flipped for a $50 profit), EBay seems to be the best way to go.

I havent been to the Raynham flea in a while. Last time the guy from Middleboro was there and the guy who used to run Worldwide Video games was outside. I picked up a few cheap 2600 and 7800 games.

I used to love the one in Taunton. The place was a dump inside, but outside was decent. Every now and then you could pick up something good especially NES games.

Too bad the place burned down, a lot of cockroaches lost their home that day.

Scratch the itch!

I used to go to Raynham all the time--it's actually where I got my 5200 Bounty Bob, believe it or not. Back before I even knew it was rare, pre-internet. That Taunton place was pretty good as well--that's the one that was at an old racetrack or something, right? Didn't know it burnt down.

The only place I've been lately is the Savers in Dedham and Goodwill HQ. Nothing there!

When I used to collect for every system I was all about the thrift stores and flea markets. I was guaranteed to find something, even if it was just a common NES cart I didn't have, or a boxed Genesis game that I only had loose. Now that I'm focusing on just Atari 2600 and VIC-20 I'm relying more and more on eBay (especially since I already have all the commons for both those systems). However, I still have better luck on forums like AA, DP and Denial.

I haven't been to the Raynham Flea since last summer. All I bought was a couple records, but I remember the Worldwide Video Games guy had a couple decent carts that were worth the $5 he was charging (I just wasn't interested.)

Edited by Keir

It depends on your outlook really. I love fleas and thrift because I'm addicted to the treasure hunt. I'm looking forward to getting back into hardcore game hunting this summer.

I enjoy it too to a certain extent but I'd rather drop a little more cash on the items on Ebay and spend the time with my sons instead. Game items will always be around, my kids won't always be here.

The Revere Squire Rd flea is your best bet for a "sure thing" although there are no deals there. At least two guys set up good sized booths full of older games. One guy in particular had a very impressive amount of 16-bit era stuff but as always the prices were well above ebay.

Isn't that close to the Blue Line? Because I've heard about that one, and I believe it runs on Saturdays and Sundays.

I live about three blocks from it. You have to take the 109 or 108 and get off at the Linden Sq. stop. ( for the 109, it's the last stop ) I think the 108 runs out of Malden Station, and the 109 from Sullivan ( I think ). ( both orange line )

I never did like taking bus lines that I'm not familiar with, but I suppose as long as I go early in the day and know how to get back to the bus stop, I won't get stranded.