IGNORED

I think I'm an arcade adict....

hedgehog

I think I'm an arcade adict, a few days ago I was at the arcades, and I spent 7 or 8 dollars in quarters on Galaga, and I still couldn't get the high score. Mabye I should just stick to playing my own consles in my house.

Just so your nifty comment isn't moved to a different forum...I love Galaga (my favorite would have to be Deluxe Galaga 7.0 for the Amiga), and I've always been a bit disappointed that there's never been a 2600 version. What does everyone think would be the closest thing to Galaga on the VCS? I'd say Demon Attack, but you really miss that "Your fighter has been captured" thing, when you have a chance to get a double ship.

CF

In my opinion, the closest thing to Galaga on the 2600 in this day and age would probably be the Galaxian hack: "Cybergoth Galaxian".

(http://www.atariage.com/hack_page.html?Sys...ftwareHackID=57)

Unfortunately, unless you have a cuttle cart you're pretty much limited to playing this via emulation (I don't think even Hozer offers this one as a cart).

Of course it's just 2600 Galaxian with a black borderless background, and the sprites (and colors?) altered. But it's closer to Galaga than Demon Attack imho as far as what's available on the 2600. Anyone disagree? :)

I think I'm an arcade adict, a few days ago I was at the arcades, and I spent 7 or 8 dollars in quarters on Galaga, and I still couldn't get the high score.

Wow, you're talking about the anniversary version where you can continue until your money runs out? Thats the only thing that sucks about the new machines, if your pocket is deep enough, you can "buy" the high score.......

As far as you being an addict.......well Galaga HAS been considered a "gateway" drug for years now :)

I have had my Pac-man arcade machine in my house for years and I'm just a little tired of it right now but in about two more days, I'll be getting a Zaxxon arcade machine, which I got off of ebay, and I can't wait to play it. I think I might give my Atari 2600 collecting a rest for a little bit and start buying more arcade machines for my house.

8) 8) :D

Take the plunge. It's SO worth it! And with the release of MAME for the XBox, it could be really cheap, too. It might also be amusing to take one of those old Coleco mini arcades (Frogger, Donkey Kong...) and mount an iPaq inside the cabinet. Yeah, I know - that's insane.