IGNORED

Ghostbusters II 2600

riffraff

Good question! I believe it must have existed -- no idea if any still exist.

I have another question, which probably only such a prototype could answer:

Is the released PAL version one of Activision's usual incomplete conversions, which run ~17% slower than originally intended? (no correction for 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz framerates)

And:

Thomas, when you converted the PAL version to NTSC, did you only change the number of scanlines and colors, or did you also change the speed?

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Thomas, when you converted the PAL version to NTSC, did you only change the number of scanlines and colors, or did you also change the speed?

Nope, I almost never change the speed in my conversions, because that requires a very detailed understanding of the code. And even then it may not be possible, if the game is not programmed adequately.

Since Activision made this game and later sold it to Salu... would it not be logical to assume that an original NTSC prototype existed at some point?

--Zero

Stands to reason that every game made for the 2600 had at least one prototype but as AJ already stated, the majority probably no longer exist ;)