IGNORED

Shared Words - chu chu chu chaaanges

RSS Bot

I've been offline for a while now. Life was sucking up all my energy and I didn't have and left for the interweb. However, things are finally looking up.

Next week I go in for my followup surgery for my ACL replacement. The doctor says it will be a really easy surgery, nothing like the last one. Afterwards, he says I'll really start to heal. I haven't been able to jog in almost a year now. Being out of soccer really sucks and this is the first time in my life that I've been inactive. It will be absolutely smashing to be able to run again. And hop. I miss hopping.

In addition, teaching has been killing me. I finally broke down and decided to apply to grad school. Lo and behold, I actually got in. They're even giving me money. So next year I will start a four year program at UCLA to get my PHD in educational research. It is really exciting, but I feel guilty for leaving teaching. I just can't handle it anymore. It is a daily fight to get what should be basic stuff. I feel kinda sad about leaving the classroom, but I seriously wouldn't have made it much longer. The stress is actually making me physically ill. Knowing I'm leaving, though, is making a huge difference. Last Friday our principal had a meeting where she actually screamed at us. She told us we weren't allowed to talk about her in the staff room, that we were supposed to do as we were told, and that if anyone had a problem with that they should stand up right there in front of everyone and say so. It was soooo nice to know that it didn't matter. I didn't have to get upset about it or anything. The best part is that, since I'm department chair, I'm able to use the fact that I'm leaving to shelter us from the worst of her requests. So far we haven't had to do anything that would hurt our kids, and we've even managed to implement some small strategies that are being effective.

And I just paid off my car last week so now I'm officially debt free. I'm actually worth positive money, which is pretty exciting.

Plus, I'm down to 24 carts that I need for my collection. When I first started, I thought I'd probably never get it down to under 100. Now I need less than 25. I think it is officially time for me to get a shirt that says "badass" and start wearing it all the time.

My social life is still horrid (boys are scary) but other than that things are looking up. Except for stupid time changes that leave me wide awake when I should be catching z's since I have work tomorrow.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3014