IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Devil's Crush.

RSS Bot

Devil's Crush is a Video Pinball game released by NEC for the TurboGrafx-16 back in the early 90's.

Let me start by saying that i feel that this game is what all other Video Pinball games on later game systems should aspire to be.Yes that is a very bold statement but having played various other Video Pinball games over the last several years on Nes,Snes,Genesis,and on up. Devil's Crush is the one i always seem to hold in the highest esteem.

Why is this game so good you ask? Because it plays so dang good and looks so awesome.After you play it you will always remember it.

The graphics in Devil's Crush are just great.Its "Pinball in Hell" is the best i can describe it to some one who has never seen it before.It has this Medieval/Horror feel to it.Skulls,Snakes,Wizards,Spiders,and more are found thru out the pinball table.

Sounds to this game help set the tone too.The musical score is dark and mysterious while the in-game sounds do more than there job to sound like a real pinball game.

Like most later day Video Pinball games there is a bonus level to earn extra points.

So if you cant already tell Devil's Crush in my personal opinion is a masterpiece in Video Pinball games.Fast action,Moody music and sound effects,Great graphics,and just such a memorable game.They just dont come much better than this one.A big thumbs up!

P.S.=If you dont own a Turbografx-16 and want to try this game out.Dig out your old Sega Genesis and see if you can hunt yourself down a copy of Dragon's Fury.Its one and the same with Devil's Crush with only a few minor changes.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3018