IGNORED

CGE Exclusives

johnnywc

Hello all -

I have heard rumors that at CGE this year they are doing away with the "wait in line" fiasco that was CGE 2K1 (I was one of those waiting in line for EA and Combat II). Does anybody know how it's going to be handled this year? I heard it's supposed to be some sort of raffle ticket method. I am considering going again but I'm a little weary that the new method may keep some people who attend out in the cold when it comes to getting these games. I would be quite upset if I spend a thousand bucks to fly out to Las Vegas just to lose the luck of the draw for a copy of Save the Whales...

Anyway, I know that standing in line doesn't gaurantee getting these games, but I would certainly feel a bit more "in control" of whether I got one of these games (last year I got up extra early and was 2nd in line on Saturday morning!). Just curious what my chances are - I've heard that there may be as many as 1500 people at this year's expo.

Thanks for any info...

I've been thinking about this. You know what *I'd* do? I'd release EVERY TITLE AT ONCE. My theory is that, if they all go on sale at the same time, people would be forced to get into lines for the games THEY WANT, rather than just trying to get everything that's for sale.

You'd never be able to get *everything* if they all went up at the same time, so everyone would have to make some choices and show a little "selectivity." The collector's market would be dented and you'd walk out with games you wanted to PLAY rather than just resell.

Also, future releases would be of better quality. As is, many new releases sell out because "it was one of only two releases available." If there was more competition - say, 12 or 13 new titles - the crappy stuff would be ignored in leau of the cooler, more-well-programmed/designed stuff.

Anyway, just a little rant I've been pondering recently.

Snider-Man: LOL!!

We had a pretty funny idea after the show last year.  We could get a giant net and suspend all the games from the ceiling.  The just drop them on the crowd.  It would certainly make for some cool pictures.  :)

Sean,

I'm getting flash-backs of the news reports on TV in the 80's where you saw a clerk in ToysRus ontop of the conveyer belt next to one of the cash registers and he's throwing cabbage patch dolls out into the mob trying to catch one for their kid for Christmas... first catch, first served ;-)

Curt