IGNORED

Should I keep working on this?

atari2600land

Since I've been staying up recently, I've had a lot of time. Yesterday, I've started work on the first Atari 2600 game for the genre of board game (apart from Checkers, Chess and Backgammon.) My thing is more in the vein of Candy Land. My question is: should I keep working on this. Not much point of putting a binary file up because right now it's just a random number generator between 1 and 6 and one turn is programmed in. I'm calling it "The Bored Game."

post-9475-1174076910_thumb.png

Yesterday, I've started work on the first Atari 2600 game for the genre of board game (apart from Checkers, Chess and Backgammon.) My thing is more in the vein of Candy Land. My question is: should I keep working on this.

Sure, why not? Especially if it's in a genre that the 2600 doesn't have a lot of games in. Is it going to be a two-person game?

Michael

Help! My code is a mess. Basically, I'm focusing right now on player0, because once I get that done, I can copy, paste, and make minor changes to player1's track. Basically, it's moving the right amount of spaces, but sometimes it doesn't correct itself if it moves off the playfield, and when it turns a corner, it doesn't move the right amount of spaces.

boredgame031707.bas

Since I've been staying up recently, I've had a lot of time. Yesterday, I've started work on the first Atari 2600 game for the genre of board game (apart from Checkers, Chess and Backgammon.) My thing is more in the vein of Candy Land. My question is: should I keep working on this. Not much point of putting a binary file up because right now it's just a random number generator between 1 and 6 and one turn is programmed in. I'm calling it "The Bored Game."

Hi Chris

Yes,why not? :)

greetings Walter

Help! My code is a mess. Basically, I'm focusing right now on player0, because once I get that done, I can copy, paste, and make minor changes to player1's track. Basically, it's moving the right amount of spaces, but sometimes it doesn't correct itself if it moves off the playfield, and when it turns a corner, it doesn't move the right amount of spaces.

While I've never worked with bBasic, the display is made up of only 61 locations...so it seems to me that an easy approach would be to dump calculating locations altogether and just use lookup tables for the horizontal and vertical locations.