IGNORED

My first kernal

Steril707

I have been experimenting around with 2600 programming a little bit, and i have to say there is really a lot of weird stuff going on...But on the other side it's a lot of fun to get this machine to do those little things.

Maybe someone can help me with my code, i am so far satisfied with my results, but i really don't have any idea why my Player graphic is always going downwards. Well, i know off course that my joystickroutine tells it to do that, but why is the "down"-bit set in there? I cannot see any reason for that anywhere in my code...

Thanks for your help..

my_first_kernal.zip

Without looking at your code at all, have you double-checked to make sure that you aren't testing the joystick bits backwards?

EDIT: I ran the binary and it looks fine to me; the player graphic moves correctly. :?

I also checked your joystick code and it looks fine, so...what's the problem? :)

Edited by vdub_bobby

Without looking at your code at all, have you double-checked to make sure that you aren't testing the joystick bits backwards?

EDIT: I ran the binary and it looks fine to me; the player graphic moves correctly. :?

I also checked your joystick code and it looks fine, so...what's the problem? :)

damn, that was the right code coupled with the wrong bin... :x

(small edit: if you assemble the "redline.asm" you will notice what i mean, anyway, tomorrow i will post the bin file that i mean, sorry for the inconvenience..)

Edited by Steril707

• 4 weeks later...

(small edit: if you assemble the "redline.asm" you will notice what i mean, anyway, tomorrow i will post the bin file that i mean, sorry for the inconvenience..)

By compiling redline.asm, I presume you meant to say that the player refused to move down. Certainly the code looks correct, but the most baffling errors (As I've found out while I toil away on Action RPG) is the simplest oversight.

SkipMoveDown

lda 	%00100000	

bit 	SWCHA

bne 	SkipMoveUp

dec 	YPosFromBot

You forgot the # in front of the %00100000. As such instead of loading an immediate value into the accumulator you're loading the contents of memory location %00100000 into the accumulator - which could be anything. When you then do a bit test on SWCHA on those contents it's interpreting it as down never being pressed.

--

Mord

Editted because my eglish sux. *nod self*

Edited by Mord

• 4 months later...

By compiling redline.asm, I presume you meant to say that the player refused to move down. Certainly the code looks correct, but the most baffling errors (As I've found out while I toil away on Action RPG) is the simplest oversight.

SkipMoveDown

lda 	100000	

bit 	SWCHA

bne 	SkipMoveUp

dec 	YPosFromBot

You forgot the # in front of the 100000. As such instead of loading an immediate value into the accumulator you're loading the contents of memory location 100000 into the accumulator - which could be anything. When you then do a bit test on SWCHA on those contents it's interpreting it as down never being pressed.

--

Mord

Editted because my eglish sux. *nod self*

Sorry for the late reply, BUT:

THANKS ALOT !!! :)

:thumbsup:

You were right...