IGNORED

Weather Channel Oddness

AtariJr

So i was bored tonight, beat a lot of levels on level S on excite truck.. still cant 3 races to get rank S on.. then i can beat the game.. anywho, i went to the weather channel on the wii menu and was rotating the globe around, finding places like mount everest etc. ive noticed, that EVERY country has the same icons EXCEPT japan. check it out. instead of clouds with snow flakes, you get a snowman, instead of realistic clouds, cartoony clouds, and instead of a realistic sun, you get a red/orange one that has more of a graphic design flare to it.

i just found it odd. kinda doesnt fit with the rest of the world, but its interesting to see if you work your way over there. i just wanted to see what the weather was at my old home in fukuoka. :)

"I couldn't figure out how to rotate the globe outside of America. It just seemed like an endless sea of Atlantic ocean. "

you hold anywhere on the map, and press and hold "A" on the wiimote... and flick and let go , it will rotate.

"I think it's just the symbology that the Japanese weather services use. Probably made em that way for simplicity's sake."

yes, this is what i figured.. but common. are they saying that EVERY country in the world except Japan has different types of weather symbols based on thier culture? it would have been more interesting to see more than just Japan have customized symbols.. the way it is just looks really out of place and odd.

yes, this is what i figured.. but common. are they saying that EVERY country in the world except Japan has different types of weather symbols based on thier culture?

People in Africa or South America don't know about the Wii or the Internet, everyone knows this. :D

yes, this is what i figured.. but common. are they saying that EVERY country in the world except Japan has different types of weather symbols based on thier culture?

People in Africa or South America don't know about the Wii or the Internet, everyone knows this. :D

ok, then they should have the ones for africa made out of sticks, and like the ones in sweden made out of chocolate... and i guess the french can have something really fruity looking. im joking :)

I couldn't figure out how to rotate the globe outside of America. It just seemed like an endless sea of Atlantic ocean. :(

Use the - button to zoom out. That way you can see where you're spinning the globe. When you get where you're going, use + to zoom back in.

Oh, and it's tons of fun to check the current weather for the South Pole. The Penguins are probably getting ready to move to mating grounds for the winter. :)

• 3 weeks later...