IGNORED

Old Game Boy games on the VC? Would they sell?

Pixelboy

With the DS not compatible with black-&-white Game Boy titles, I say now would be a good time for Nintendo to consider releasing some of their old GB titles on the VC.

Question is, would they sell...? Or more to the point, what GB titles would be must-haves on the VC? Feel free to mention Game Boy Color games too, if you so wish. :)

One idea that has been in my head for a while now is Nintendo bringing back the Gameboy but in a "ipod form." The new gameboy will have a hard drive in it and you will DL GB© games via the Wii.

Most likely this won't happen, but a boy can dream right?

I have to wonder if the public would like to play B&W games on their TV.

they could do a super game boy thing, but more elaborite, and have backgrounds that fit more to the game yoru playing, with a lot of color options and what not to make it more interesting. also, the ablity to save your games at any point in time with the vc would be great on some of those games you neever got to finish cuase of a lack of save option.

they could do a super game boy thing, but more elaborite, and have backgrounds that fit more to the game yoru playing, with a lot of color options and what not to make it more interesting. also, the ablity to save your games at any point in time with the vc would be great on some of those games you neever got to finish cuase of a lack of save option.

I'd definately be interested in the Nintendo handheld on the Wii.

The DS is the only handheld I've ever bought new (except for the Game.com I paid $10 from Kaybees)

There are very few Gameboy or even GBA Ive played. I'd love to play some of the older RPGs.

It would be interesting to see the original and Color Game Boy games released for the Wii, in a form similar to the Super Game Boy (perhaps with custom boarders and whatnot). But I think if they wanted to really appeal to folks they could also make the handheld games downloadable to the DS for play on the small screen. Perhaps they could sell an official flash card for the DS to download your VC games to and transfer them between Wii and DS.

While they're at it, they could also make all the classic systems' games (pre-N64) downloadable to the DS, iPod style like was mentioned earlier. All those would be nice extras for those of us who own both a Wii and a DS. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I dropped a few old Gameboy games on my friend's chipped Xbox (Tetris and Zelda because she used to play them as a kid). She LOVES them on the big screen and, in fact, preferred the mono versions over the color DX editions. So, yeah, there's a market for that. I know I'd like Tetris in all of it's green screen glory, maybe with a nice surround (like the Super Gameboy or just the original GB bezel). I think I'd drop some points on that.