IGNORED

360 delivers another blow... Ace Combat 360 exclusive

AtariJr

This is great. I wanted a 360 for the hardware and the excellent Live service, but I was resigned to buying a PS3 (like everyone else, at that mystical time 'in a couple of years when the price comes down') for all the Namco goodness.

As far as I'm concerned, the game hasn't changed since the PS1 - whoever has Namco, has my money. Score!

I wonder how long it'll be until Ridge Racer 7 gets it's 360 debut.

Yawn! Same fanboyism

We snagged another exclusive... blah blah blah

LOL I've just read about four 360 threads and based on you contributions to each I'm goning to say either A.) You're bored or B.) You recently took a job with Sony. :lol:

Edited by moycon

Yawn! Same fanboyism

You recently took a job with Sony. :lol:

wait.. how would they pay him :P .. well i guess theyre still making a profit with the ps2

and hard to be an xbox fanboy when i dont have one haha

Edited by AtariJr

Yawn! Same fanboyism

LOL I've just read about four 360 threads and based on you contributions to each I'm goning to say either A.) You're bored or B.) You recently took a job with Sony. :lol:

you were right on the first one. The second... I like my Sony products but I'm not going to work for them LOL

SWEET :D Now all I have to do is learn to like Ace Combat :lol: :P :lol:

how can you not? best balance of simulation, story, and arcade goodness youll find :)

i cant wait for the next gen version of ace combat, no matter what system its on.. just so i can fly near the ground and have high res, non blurry textures.

just so i can fly near the ground and have high res, non blurry textures.

So I guess you're planning on playing on a 360 or a PS3 then? :D

well derr, i mean i love my wii and all, but even i know that i cant get textures that good from that system. i really hope that in the next version they make more detailed cities and bases down below.... high res textures is a must, if they are sitll blurry when you do bombing runs i think ill wrap the controllers non existant chord and sufficate the system lol.

• 3 months later...

Played the demo of AC6 last night. It was pretty cool.

My main complaint is the control. With the 360 pad, the entire shoulder button array is just not as accessible and useful as on the Dualshock/Sixaxis. While it's pretty comfortable to use all 4 shoulder buttons on a PS controller, holding the 360 controller that way (with index finger on top shoulders and flip finger on the analog triggers, as opposed to shifting your index finger when you need to use the shoulder triggers) is uncomfortable, awkward, and any other inconvienient adjective you can think of.

The top two shoulder buttons handle yaw while the bottom two handle accelleration/braking. You need to use all 4 simultaneously in a machinegun dogfight.

I'm now really tempted to order the super-deluxe package with the flightstick. It's too bad I can't just use the old PS1 super double analog stick.

My main complaint is the control. With the 360 pad, the entire shoulder button array is just not as accessible and useful as on the Dualshock/Sixaxis. While it's pretty comfortable to use all 4 shoulder buttons on a PS controller, holding the 360 controller that way (with index finger on top shoulders and flip finger on the analog triggers, as opposed to shifting your index finger when you need to use the shoulder triggers) is uncomfortable, awkward, and any other inconvienient adjective you can think of.

I downloaded it last night myself. My older son loves the series and after he played the demo, said the exact same thing. He said that the PS2 controller worked better for him. So this sort of cooled down his excitement for the game.

I downloaded it last night myself. My older son loves the series and after he played the demo, said the exact same thing. He said that the PS2 controller worked better for him. So this sort of cooled down his excitement for the game.

has anyone after all this time made an adaptor to use a ps2/3 controller on a 360 yet? would solve the issue if they did. the flight stick looks nice (besides the price), but the only flight stick ive used is on my pc games, so im not really sure how well ace combat's sticks are. you used the ps1 one , right gabriel? how did it feel? ive played each of the ace combat games with the standard pad, so im curious if its harder or easier with the flight stick.

you used the ps1 one , right gabriel? how did it feel? ive played each of the ace combat games with the standard pad, so im curious if its harder or easier with the flight stick.

The big PS1 mega-stick is awesome. I think it worked with Ace Combat 2 and 3, but not the first one. I didn't acquire Ace Combat 2 until very, very late. I played a lot of Bogey Dead 6 with the stick. It was also great for the Mechwarrior 2 game.