IGNORED

360 Elite - $479.00 - No HD-DVD - No WiFi

CPUWIZ

Any data stored on the 120 GB hard disk will be automatically deleted

Well I'm for sure not buying a 120 Gig Drive now. Whats the point in having a bigger drive if the data you store on it gets automatically deleted? LOL :P

If you don't want to pay the extra $$ for more space & better video output, you're not being forced to

Does HDMI really output a better signal than the VGA cable? I thought HDMI was created to enforce disc protection methods? I use VGA on my HDTV and it looks as good as other HD sources.

Like DVI, HDMI carries a digital signal. It should provide a better image, but probably not massively so(I don't have anything with digital inputs to check).

How many people own more than one hard drive for thier 360? Even if they bought a third hard drive (the 120gb version) they could still swap them as they did before. I doubt many loyal Microsoft customers will be getting fit for dentures after they buy the 120gb hd.

My guess is that only a very small percentage of 20gb hd owners will upgrade to the 120gb version. I still have 10+gb open on my launch day system. I do not download the TV shows or movies at all and only the occasional movie trailer or video.

Another point that needs to be made is that for about the same price a 360 Elite goes for you can get a PC with as good or better specs and can as much and more than the 360.

This isn't personal - but I really wish people would stop bringing up this particular 'point' in regards to consoles.

Yes, usually some time after a consoles launch you can buy a PC that will exceed it, PCs are constantly evolving. And for that luxury you will deal with constant upgrades and updates, OS headaches, endless driver downloading and upgrading, hardware and driver incompatibility, far buggier games, endless tweaking for high powered games, etc. and on and on an on. Modern consoles have taken on a bit of complexity in their online capabilities, but they are still very much a buy the game, come home and pop it in, and be playing in minutes type of experience.

I am a hardcore longtime dyed in the wool PC gamer, but I have REALLY come to appreciate modern consoles.

Another point that needs to be made is that for about the same price a 360 Elite goes for you can get a PC with as good or better specs and can as much and more than the 360.

This isn't personal - but I really wish people would stop bringing up this particular 'point' in regards to consoles.

Yes, usually some time after a consoles launch you can buy a PC that will exceed it, PCs are constantly evolving. And for that luxury you will deal with constant upgrades and updates, OS headaches, endless driver downloading and upgrading, hardware and driver incompatibility, far buggier games, endless tweaking for high powered games, etc. and on and on an on. Modern consoles have taken on a bit of complexity in their online capabilities, but they are still very much a buy the game, come home and pop it in, and be playing in minutes type of experience.

I am a hardcore longtime dyed in the wool PC gamer, but I have REALLY come to appreciate modern consoles.

Why shouldn't the point be brought up? The 360 (and pretty much every other console) does have to compete with PCs for gaming dollars and free time.

I think part of the reason why you haven't seen a sucessful console so far launch for over $300 is because when you get over that price you start getting into the PC's territory and while the PC does have some problems for the price it's a better short and long term value than a similarly priced console.

I think part of the reason why you haven't seen a sucessful console so far launch for over $300 is because when you get over that price you start getting into the PC's territory and while the PC does have some problems for the price it's a better short and long term value than a similarly priced console.

So go buy a $400 PC and have at it.

Personally I have a decent PC but enjoy playing games on the 360 much more.

I agree tho the more expensive the console the less success the console seems to have...I don't think this has anything to do with PCs tho. It has to do with folks wallets.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, not going crazy this time around. I just want the HDMI and bigger hard drive. Those were 2 of my gripes with the 360 all along. Plus I am interested to see if a whole new set of failures will come with the elite edition.

ill stick with my 20 gb premium xbox 360 i dont like online gaming and i have no use for the wi fi