IGNORED

Finally played the Wii at my moms house.....

My mom (of all people) bought the Wii awhile back and a ton of games to play. I was kind of envious cause i wanted one. Plus she bought the ONE game that I wanted out of all the launch and post-launch games....Trauma Center.

I finally got a chance to play Trauma Center yesterday and I played that game for about 4 hours. Man, that game is friggin' awesome. Pretty much what my expectations were. I knew it wasn't going to be as in-depth as some of the surgery games I had on the Amiga, but it was awesome and all the Wii-specific controls were cool and easy to pick up.

My only gripe about the game is the corny soap-opera storyline and the whole "Healing Touch" thing. :roll: When they started talking about that....I was like 'Oh...here we go.' Super-powered Surgeons descended from a God.

That brings me to another gripe.....getting the "Healing Touch" power to start up is hard as hell.....making that star fast enough before the patient dies. This game is still the best Wii game to me. I played some of the others like Excite Truck, Wii Sports, and Wii Play and the only thing I liked was Bowling. I think I pulled a tendon in my shoulder playing bowling.....it's fun though.

Well....I know if I ever get a Wii, I'll get Truma Center.....man that game was great.

I like Trauma Center a lot (have the DS and Wii versions) but I totally agree with you on the soap opera story. I actually dislike the fictional ailments involved, like zapping little critters out of people. I'd love to see a game like TC but with all realistic surgeries and less storyline involved. The controls on the Wii are great, I especially like the forceps - my stitching skills on the Wiimote suck though!

like zapping little critters out of people.

I've finally gotten pretty far into the game and gotten to the GUILT levels and.......all I've got to say is "CHEESY!!!!"

Little critters is about right. "Medical terrorism"..... :| .... :lolblue: :lolblue: :roll:

But this game and Wii Bowling are still the best games so far. I'm Pro status and trying to bowl a perfect game.....which will probably be NEVER. The pro balls seem harder to control and use than the regular balls.

I got to play the new Cooking Mama, too. But it wasn't as good as I was wanting it to be. Seemed like a good game but came up a little short, IMO.

I actually dislike the fictional ailments involved, like zapping little critters out of people.

Same here. I really could do without the crappy manga soap opera, and the fictional ailments. I wish they'd stop trying to ruin games I'd otherwise enjoy much more with this stuff. Like what they just did to Steel Horizons. Thanks! :roll: But considering their respective target audiences, I guess I shouldn't hold out to much hope.

When I saw the surfer dude "Master" Surgeon.....who says "DUDE" every other word....I almost threw up. :(

If you don't like hearing "DUDE" so much, why is your signature the tagline from Bad Dudes? "The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are YOU a bad enough dude to rescue the President?"

:?: :ponder: ;)

If you don't like hearing "DUDE" so much, why is your signature the tagline from Bad Dudes? "The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are YOU a bad enough dude to rescue the President?"

:?: :ponder: ;)

Why? Well, that's an easy one.

I'm just questioning everyone's "badness". ;)