IGNORED

Atari 2600 tutorial video

gulag picture radio

Hi there. I was at a performance in February of several electronic groups who use video games for their sound. They had a video running in the background of all kinds of video game era detritus (including the abominable Pac-Man Christmas special).

One item that they showed was a tutorial video for getting better scores on 2600 games. It was everything that you'd expect an 80's direct-to-video production would be, bad sweaters, big hair, cheesy mustaches... and the guys looked just as bad! :D

I talked to the owner of the tape. It was a dupe that he'd swapped for and he really wanted to swap me something for it. He hasn't answered my emails, so I guess that I don't have anything of interest to him.

I figured that someone out there must have this tape. I remember it giving scoring tips on Atlantis, Missile Command, Space Invaders, and Demon Atack among others. I'd love to see this tape again.

Here's what I can offer. I'm a video editor/producer by trade. Even if you have an original VHS, it's probably deterioriating. I can dupe it onto a digital format and even do some restoration work to it. If someone would like to lend me their copy, I'll fix it up and mail back a new and improved copy along with your original.

Any takers? Anyone even know the tape that I'm talking about?

If it's the same one I'm thinking about you might have some luck checking your local libraries. We have it here at ours and I did rent it once. I watched it and it totally gummied up my vcr heads! A quick cleaning fixed it up easily but it does show those tapes are deteriorating pretty quickly. ;)

Here's the info as I found it:

vid_1.jpg