IGNORED

My Unique Game Room Item

Rocko

Hehehe, my photo would be of a CD-ROM!

Mainly because when it comes to classic gaming, I play my 2600, NES, SMS, Genesis, SNES, and arcade games by way of emulator on my computer.

Best thing about emualtion is that is saves TONS of space. No system or cartridge clutter around the house. Just a single CD-ROM with a few emulators and 100s of ROMS.

This way I can keep my 2600, NES, and Genesis/32X boxed up in the closet.

They only console I have out is my PS2. And I only have 6 games for that system which are:

Atari Anthology

Activision Anthology

Midway Arcade Treasures 1

Midway Arcade Treasures 2

Gradius V

Stuntman

Plus I have a CD wallet of PS1 games I still play such as:

William's Arcade's Greatest Hits 1

Midway's Arcade's Greatest Hits 2

Namco Museum 1

Namco Museum 3

Atari Anniversary Edition Redux

Tempest X3

Turn About

Tall Infinity

Roll Away

Billiards

Pro-Pinball Big Race USA

Pro-Pinball Fantastic Journey

Die Hard Trilogy

Nuclear Strike

Test Drive 5

Driver

Driver 2

Rollcage Stage II

Dino Crisis

Parasite Eve 1

Parasite Eve 2

Nanotek Warrior

Apocalypse

Besides that, I do have a GBA (original classic model) with too many games to list. Basically 17 GBA and 13 GBC games. I love the GBA. Too bad it's the last 2D handheld system to be made.

More like 'Spare Room' than 'Games Room', but here's my current temporary setup. Not pictured - most of collection.

I just added the MAME PC, it's a nice little setup with a ATI TV out card. Been playing about with it for days but am having problems getting emus, other than MAME 32, running nice. Ideally it will have a Game Launcher running all my ROMs one day. Tried MESS 32. Crap.

Images kept small for those (still) on dial-up or 800 x 600.

post-122-1106777339_thumb.jpg

post-122-1106777340_thumb.jpg

post-122-1106777341_thumb.jpg

post-122-1106777342_thumb.jpg

I don't have a pic because I don't have a digital camera. Although I have a nyko worm cam for my gameboy which I'm trying to use, but get crappy lighting. I will however have pictures the next time there is a Philly Classic convention because I always try to bring a disposable camera, and next time I'll post pics of my room with pics from that scanned to the web. I'm also trying to find other alternitives. Like hunting for early ones that no one wants, or waiting until my sister gets film for her instant camera.

@Jamcat,

You should get some more systems, and hook 'em up. I know how and why you use emulators, but there is just that thrill when plugging in an old system.

Nah! 1 or 2 systems hooked up to the TV at once is fine for me. I don't like the clutter of more than 2 systems. Besides, the back of my "entertainment center" is a snake pit of wires & cables as it is. I don't want to add more.

As far as emulation goes, It's nice to have a single PC that will play arcade, NES, SMS, 2600, Genesis, SNES, and Atari 400/800/XL/XE games WITHOUT the system and cartridge clutter.

Clutter was always the problem about having the systems out. I love some of the early attempts by companies to organize games and cables.

I keep the clutter to a minimum by having all the cables and adapters for a system in a bag. The bags (freezer ziplocks) also hold the controllers I use for that system and then all the bags are stored in thin profile Rubbermaid storage bins. They fit easily under a couch, bed, in a closet, etc.. That way, it just takes a minute to hook stuff up, and I have everything I need in one place. I divided the bins up: classics and currents (CD-based and on). A few exceptions, but otherwise has worked well for me.

Cassidy

setup.jpg

Hooked up:

Jaguar w/CD

Gamecube

Xbox

PS2

N64

Dreamcast

Only occasionally hooked up:

Atari VCS (original "Heavy Sixer")

NES

SNES

Intellivision

Atari and Coleco Pong machines

Handhelds:

Game Boy Color

Game Boy Advance

Virtual Boy[/img]

It's like porato chips 'can't just have one'. Well like many collectors I come acrose more then one game and consoles like edar two or more games and systems from 29 2600 units to 10 Zelda games, here's just some of my doubles of games and consoles. Do any of you have this thing wiht more then one copy of video gams?

Here's a list some of the units I got (this do not inclused the consoles I got when they first came out in stores)

Number of consoles:

29 - 2600.

04 - 5200.

03 - 7800.

06 - Odyssy 2.

13 - Intellivision 1.

05 - Intellivision 2.

10 - Colecovision.

14 - NES (Old Model).

02 - NES (New Model).

20 - SNES (Old Model).

03 - N64.

16 - Sega Master System 1.

04 - Sega Master System 2.

24 - Genesis 1.

10 - Genesis 2.

06 - Genesis 3.

02 - Sega CD (first model)

02 - Saturn.

06 - Dreamcast.

10 - Playstastion (first model).

07 - Gameboy (first model).

There's more but you game the idea.

post-5587-1107671141_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1107671142_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1107671143_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1107671144_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

some pictures of my collection:

170+ intellivision (missing only 3 for a complete collection)

600+ atari 2600 cart

175+ atari 2600 box

30+ atari 5200 cart

30+ atari 7800 complete

My mother-in-law gave me gave nice wall unit to put my games. all my atari 2600 games were in the lower part. however my wife told me that it was time to put my atari games somewhere else because we needed a spot to place the Disney movies.....guest what...my atari cart are no in 4 big box (see picture) :sad:

Don't worry I bought the plan for the atari 2600 display and I will built it this summer :D

post-60-1109645710_thumb.jpg

post-60-1109645711_thumb.jpg

post-60-1109645712_thumb.jpg

post-60-1109645713_thumb.jpg

post-60-1109645714_thumb.jpg