IGNORED

custom cartridges?

Creekree

hi !

i am quite new to the atari 2600, i bought my machine about 3 weeks ago (at a very reasonable price, 2600 jr + 2 pads + 32in1 for 3 EUR).

since then i've had loads of fun with it, even my girlfriend enjoys playing it (and normally she is more like "eeew.... computer games are boooooring...." - although she liked my pong machine as well (soundic color tv sports 406) )

but.........

i tried to find cartridges at local used-game-shops, but they didn't even know what i meant by asking for atari carts..............

now i've had the following idea: since roms are downloadable very easy it *should* be in theory possible to dump them to a cart by using an eprom burner.

perhaps using 32in1 carts with different games could also work........

of course you could just use an emulator, but i never liked emus and always tried to play on the real thing..............

does anyone know how this could be achieved?

since people still program and distribute games on carts there simply must be a way.

tell me your opinions,

creekree

p.s.: i know there are two sides to this subject, the joy of having any game on a cart opposed to possible bootlegging of rare games.......

• 1 month later...