IGNORED

Where can I buy Wii points

Atarifever

Hey, I was wondering if there's anywhere on the Nintendo website to buy Wii points with a credit card. I don't trust the connection established by the Nintendo USB thing for giving out credit card info. and would rather do it on the computer itself without the wi-fi signal. Unfortunately, if there is a way to do this Nintendo has made it very difficult to find.

Has anyone determined if the Wii's WiFi connection does SSL? If so, then there's nothing to worry about with buying points directly on the Wii. (I suppose also it depends on whether your WiFi network is password protected/encrypted, and how paranoid you are.)

You can always just go to Target or TRU or someplace and buy a Wii Points card. But I guess that defeats the purpose. (On that point, I recommend Target over TRU. I got a 2000-point card at Target for $19.99 but I noticed TRU was charging $24.99 for the same!)

Has anyone determined if the Wii's WiFi connection does SSL?

Yes, it does. It was one of the things that stuck out when folks were doing early Wii Shop channel hacks to access the underlying web browser. Do a search for "Wii SSL" and you should find plenty of confirmation.