IGNORED

GOLD World Championships 1990 on myebid.com

FND

Nice auction I sent him a email letting him know how much the game was actually worth before someone trys to scam it out of him

Why does everybody do this around here? Seems like they are always trying to bring justice to the ignorant. Frankly if somone around here got it for $100 and then resold it for $5k, at least they'd be slightly more likely to spend the money around here (on AA, in the classic gaming community), benefiting us all. If you don't have the sense to look into the items you have for sale, then seller beware. Yeesh. And these things cause more complications- auctions starting and stopping. And annoying loser sellers visiting AA and just all around sucking. shirleyswapandshop? Great contributor. Thanks to whoever scored us that one.

The old unspoken code to hunting in the wild was not to go around informing sellers about how valuable their wares are. It's their prerogative to learn about what they have.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The old unspoken code to hunting in the wild was not to go around informing sellers about how valuable their wares are. It's their prerogative to learn about what they have.

I remember a friend of mine telling one of my sources about eBay (back in the day), I mean I'm sure the guy would have found out soon enough, but after that he had nothing in the way of rares at his store and everything else was "priced accordingly"

Nice auction I sent him a email letting him know how much the game was actually worth before someone trys to scam it out of him

Why does everybody do this around here? Seems like they are always trying to bring justice to the ignorant. Frankly if somone around here got it for $100 and then resold it for $5k, at least they'd be slightly more likely to spend the money around here (on AA, in the classic gaming community), benefiting us all. If you don't have the sense to look into the items you have for sale, then seller beware. Yeesh. And these things cause more complications- auctions starting and stopping. And annoying loser sellers visiting AA and just all around sucking. shirleyswapandshop? Great contributor. Thanks to whoever scored us that one.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Wow, you do realise that if this is a legit auction that this guy lost his son in Iraq. If I had that viewpoint this would be the last auction that I would try to express my agenda. :ponder:

I was trying to find what the final value fees will be, but couldn't locate the fee table.

I believe the myebid site is free. If it had been sold on ebay the final value fee would be $355 including the $.60 insertion fee, if my math is correct the seller just saved $355 but I don't think they really give a sh*t considering they just hit a $21.4K jack pot!

ianoid is 100% correct. I am sick of people not knowledgable being given privileged information that may or may not have takens years and tons of research to acquire.

Happens all the time with stuff and the majority of the time the information is given by people NOT EVEN COLLECTING THE ITEM, NOR WOULD THEY HAVE THE MONEY TO PURCHASE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Oh, I love it. I never in a million years thought people making side deals to screw up an auction would have a self righteous attitude towards people trying to see the auction actually go all the way through. Screwing up an auction is against Ebay rules and you know it. Personally I have never made a side deal and I also have never warned a seller as well. But I am definetly on the side of people who warn the seller.

Did wonder start collecting NES??

Jim

I don't think Wonder007 would go for the Gold NWC since it is a hack of 3 different games. ;)

Also one more thing. If the $21,400 price tag is legit I would be a happy camper if Atlantis II was only half as much as this cart. :D :D

No way for a hack......

or maybe..... ;)

What I think was missed (or lost upon) by the folks complaining about the sellers being better informed, is that this could be considered an appropriate backlash for those who tend to make side deals or the 'buy it now' approach. We all like getting a good deal every once in a while. When it's professional collectors <cough> resellers <cough> complaining, all I can do is paraphrase Bill Cosby on this one...

"... and these children have the NERVE -- to look surprised. "

Hex.

[ usually just watches such drama normally, but my Karma is feeling a little too imbalanced towards good lately... ]

I was trying to find what the final value fees will be, but couldn't locate the fee table.

I believe the myebid site is free. If it had been sold on ebay the final value fee would be $355 including the $.60 insertion fee, if my math is correct the seller just saved $355 but I don't think they really give a sh*t considering they just hit a $21.4K jack pot!

Free insertion fee, but the site says there is a fee if the item sells. I just can't find out what they actually charge when it does sell. Plus I might consider selling on there myself.

Edited by taxman

What I think was missed (or lost upon) by the folks complaining about the sellers being better informed, is that this could be considered an appropriate backlash for those who tend to make side deals or the 'buy it now' approach. We all like getting a good deal every once in a while. When it's professional collectors <cough> resellers <cough> complaining, all I can do is paraphrase Bill Cosby on this one...

I'm not sure I understand your perspective. When it's professional collectors complaining about what? Side deals or informants? No matter. The guys I see rapidly flipping good deals lose my respect. Of course, my respect isn't worth much. For some reason flipping stuff from the internet (non-ebay) to eBay is lame to me. Flipping stuff off-internet to eBay is kind of okay. Maybe because I do it. But flipping stuff from anything (eBay or internet (non-eBay) or off-internet) to off internet is cool. And flipping stuff from eBay to not eBay is also cool. Why do I have these rules? I don't know.

:arrow: I have no problem with side deals. I'm just not the guy to make them. (I have had a few.) It sucks not to have a chance at something, but it's not like I would have won it anyway (despite being a big money bidder who tries my darnedest not to overvalue stuff too often). There is no lawful right that we all have to buy something. If someone gets a deal, good for her.

:arrow: I just like to call a rat a rat (i.e. informant.) It's something I feel strongly about. But these types of opinions aren't worth losing friends over. They are just opinions.

:arrow: And although I'm sorry to hear that someone lost a family member to war, or to anything for that matter, it doesn't alter my opinion about something so relatively unimportant.

Free insertion fee, but the site says there is a fee if the item sells. I just can't find out what they actually charge when it does sell. Plus I might consider selling on there myself.

Just so you know I got around to posting some things and it is free even when the item sells, they just have fees for extra things like getting on the home page and such.

• 1 month later...