IGNORED

Another Tempest 2000 clone (not Tsunami 2010)

Zerosquare

One of the things I noticed, while playing Typhoon 2001 for the first time is that if an enemy reaches the rim, the top of the web, that it is possible to run right by them, which is good but it is not possible to destroy them by pressing fire rapidly with the blaster or particle laser, like in T2K. Now, in T2K when enemies reach the rim if you press fire rapidly they can be destroyed. Not so in Typhoon 2001. Since, in T2K, there is a gap in rounds fired after eight or so shots, you cannot simply hold down the fire button and expect to destroy enemies that have reached the rim (because of the gap in the eight shots fired in a series of shots), but if you press fire very rapidly, they won't be able to "catch you", on the gap after the eight shots in firing, Because your firing fast.

In Typhoon 2K1, Since you cannot destroy enemies that have reached the rim?, except by the superzapper, then I need to know what to do if an enemy gets to the top of the rim? How do I destroy them, there? Run by them and try to finish the level? (which doesn't always work) Get "jump" enabled? Superzapper? What if I've already used it?

Both T2K and Typhoon2K1 both have the gap in shots if you hold down the button, but Thorsten seems to have left out the ability to press fire rapidly and kill enemies that way when they reach the rim. Any, suggestions on how to kill enemies on the rim in Typhoon 2K1? Sometimes it's not always possible to kill them in the web.

The enemies do not act properly. Graphically its killer but again too much in your face to the point where

it's detrimental. The pulsars are just plain ridiculous and the fuseballs do not act at all like fuse balls. A

really nice job, coding wise though.

Edited by Gorf

Is it my computer or does it suffer some laggy spots?

No it's not your computer, mine does it too. Just wait a bit for the game to load completely and take it slow. You won't have this problem after 2-3 minutes.

And this game rules.

I don't get any slow down or loading probs but then agian my computer is a beast.

Ya, he "allowed" him to finish the game. But I wonder what he really thinks... ;)
I recall reading somewhere (I don't remember where) that he was actually pleased with the project.

He is probably flattered, but maybe a bit nervous that this game could be better than his own creations? ;)
Well, Typhon 2001 has better graphics than Tempest 2000, that's for sure... On the other hand, a modern PC is much easier to program for, and much more powerful, than a Jaguar - so I don't think you can say that Typhoon 2001 is better than Tempest 2000.

Ya, he "allowed" him to finish the game. But I wonder what he really thinks... ;)
I recall reading somewhere (I don't remember where) that he was actually pleased with the project.

He is probably flattered, but maybe a bit nervous that this game could be better than his own creations? ;)
Well, Typhon 2001 has better graphics than Tempest 2000, that's for sure... On the other hand, a modern PC is much easier to program for, and much more powerful, than a Jaguar - so I don't think you can say that Typhoon 2001 is better than Tempest 2000.

Yeah very good point. C++ on a trigahertz PC or horid tools and RISC assembly

language at 27 mhz. Hehe...no brainer there.

Let me tell you, you could not pay me to code in intel assembly but Open GL in C++....simply awsome. keeps your eyes open folks... :D

Yeah, out of the four tempest clones I have seen recently Typhoon 2001 is relly nice looking and plays nice with a PC controller which I easily configured for play, I am using the Logitech 2.4 Ghz cordless - Rumblepad 2 works great, you can assign the buttons. I also tried Tsunami 2010, The Torus Trooper - T2K clone, and the largest clone; Ultra!(12mb DEMO).

http://www.ultrathegame.com/

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/tt_e.html