IGNORED

GTA IV on Wii?

bdog_147

You're better off. GTA IV on hardware that would have struggled to run San Andreas? Why bother?

If the PS2 could handle San Andreas, then the Gamecube could also. The only problem with a Gamecube version would be if San Andreas was a full DVD-9 disc. If it was then the Gamecube version would probably need 3 or 4(?) discs.

Nintendo allows "M" rated games on it's consoles, but you are right about a game as controversial as GTA IV not appearing on the Wii. And Rockstar would have to downgrade the graphics from HD. Which I'm sure they wouldn't do unless forced to.

I knew this was fake pretty instantly. I don't expect Nintendo would allow a game that controversial on their system. That, and the Wii probably couldn't handle it to Rockstar's satisfaction.

You're really behind the times.

1. The Godfather just came out on the Wii.

2. Manhunt 2 is coming out on the Wii.

3. No More Heroes, a game where you can slice people in half, is coming to the Wii.

Kiddie, the Wii is not.

And just to clarify, the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2. Logically, the Wii is a lot more powerful than the PS2. Don't let the "it's t3h weak" bull get to you.

You're better off. GTA IV on hardware that would have struggled to run San Andreas? Why bother?

If the PS2 could handle San Andreas, then the Gamecube could also. The only problem with a Gamecube version would be if San Andreas was a full DVD-9 disc. If it was then the Gamecube version would probably need 3 or 4(?) discs.

Oh, i'm certain the Gamecube could've "handled" it, just like the PS2 "handled" it. Jaggies on everything, terrifying pop-up, and all. My point is just that people hoping for ports of something that looks to push hardware as far as GTA: IV would do best not to get their hopes up as far as the Wii is concerned. It's like wanting Gears of War on the Wii. It might play, but it'd be a trainwreck in every other regard.

I'm not Nintendo bashing, i own a Wii and i enjoy it for what it is. My question is just, who would even *want* this to get ported?