IGNORED

Replacment censor bars?

awsomo3000

Check the online Nintendo store. You can order a replacement Sensor bar there. In addition, Nyko now has a wireless sensor bar available. However, I haven't seen this actually in the stores locally near me as of yet.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/store...rencyPreference

The sensor bar cord is only two wires. Lots of people on the web have actually cut and spliced extra wire onto the original. Not elegant perhaps...but at only $10 for a new one it isn't that big a deal if you hose up something.

What I'd really like is a sensor bar extension cable. Nintendo does not appear to sell one--has anyone seen such a thing?

..Al

i thought that a 3rd party released , or at the very least is going to release an extention cable.. im pretty sure its already out as i remember IGN estatic that they had the ability to put the bar further form the system. that is of course, before the wireless ones came out. only thing i dont like about the wireless ones are that its yet another thing on the wii id need to buy batts for.. and my bar is only 2 feet from the wii anyway. if you dont use bats, i heard that these 3rd party sensor bars actually have to be plugged in via an extra power chord... yuck.

i forget where it is, but there are 2 articles on 2 differnt 3rd party sensor bars (although i hate to refer you to ign, its the only place with insite that i know of of these devices)... its nyko and someone else.. there are 2. the second one seems nicer, but i think its not made as well...

personally im happy with the nintendo brand one , at least with my current layout. you know, nintendo could take care of ALL of these complaints if they just sell a battery pack that plugs into the end of the sensor chord for like 5 bucks :ponder:

Edited by AtariJr

The sensor bar cord is only two wires. Lots of people on the web have actually cut and spliced extra wire onto the original. Not elegant perhaps...but at only $10 for a new one it isn't that big a deal if you hose up something.

I need one because the cable is just too short.

..Al

Cool. I just may pick up one for the other TV. That way I don't have to worry about all the trouble of moving it everytime my son decides he wants to use the wii.

It's the easy way :) I have three sensor bars - two in the house on two displays, and one for travel. Nintendo's online store is awesome fast :cool:

Cool. I just may pick up one for the other TV. That way I don't have to worry about all the trouble of moving it everytime my son decides he wants to use the wii.

Nintendo's online store is awesome fast :cool:

ill vouch for that.. suprisingly fast, was really pleased.

Just watch any XXX rated movie on PBS and you'll get lots of Censor bars :lol:

Oh...not that kind eh :ponder:

Sorry, serioulsy now. Is there anything actually in the censor bar? I was thinking it was just kind of a loop antina or something?

And how did it get beat up? You got cats jumping o the TV (or wherever you put it) knocking it off or something, or just lugging it to friends houses?

Actually there are 8 lights 4 on each side. At least..that is what my sensor bar puts out according to my digital camera. But yeap..the cord is only providing power to the sensor bar to light up the lights..nothing else.

didnt ign make some weird "censor bar" just from having two candles a certain distance away from each other? not that i would recommend that of course :)

also, i dont know if i have a differnt model # bar than you guys? but im getting 5 lights per side (2 sides). 3 real close in the center, and 1 on each side slightly further appart... this is according to my cell phone cam.

What would be nice is a battery pack with the sensor bar plug on it. It's supposed to just be a couple of IR LEDs, so it's not like it needs any actual connection to the Wii. The only problem I can see is how to remember to unplug it, since the only lights are infrared. Maybe a pilot light LED on the battery pack next to a switch would be enough.

Someone needs to stick a voltmeter on the plug and find out how many volts it is.

What would be nice is a battery pack with the sensor bar plug on it.

Or, you could just buy the commerical wireless sensor bar that I linked to above...

If you're bound and determined to do it yourself, there was a tutorial over on avsforums. However, they seem to be down at the moment, so you may need to check back later. You can view the Google Cache of the articlehere.

I could see a sensor bar (heh, "censor" bar...it would need to be OVER the tv screen covering the naughty bits, not above or below) getting beat up... right now the layout in my living room is suboptimal, w/ the video projector (and stereo receiver) in the back, the sensor at the front, and the Wii in between... it's easy to trip over the bar wire and pull it down, on the other hand the bar seems pretty sturdy.

So yeah, I can't wait 'til i see a wireless one in stores.

So yeah, I can't wait 'til i see a wireless one in stores.

Are my posts invisible or something?

CLICK HERE TO BUY A WIRELESS SENSOR BAR

That is all.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

I figured I could order one online, but probably won't bother 'til I see one in a store and can get it as kind of an impulse item. Get it?

Nintendo's online store is awesome fast :cool:

ill vouch for that.. suprisingly fast, was really pleased.

I agree, I've purchased from their store several times (replacement Gamecube game cases, Wii component cables, etc.) and have had a good experience each time. Plus their shipping rates are quite reasonable.

..Al