IGNORED

Tunnel Runner Update!

The MindMaster

Well, that's the beauty of Emulation and save states. There's no way I could go from run 1 to the end in a straight shot. But with Stella, anything's possible. :) I'm gonna start on it tonight. :)

While you're at it, you could use the Stella debugger to figure out exactly what's going on when it glitches/crashes.

These show up for a split second at the start of various runs. Runs 26, 97, and 115 are shown. Dont know if they are of any significance-

Nah. Game data and graphics are stored in a similar way, so the game ran the routine for Zot display and the code (by accident) directed the atari to some random part of the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, CPU already got it. Dang.

Edited by R. Jones

This is the same Tunnel Runner tape that was documented by Digital Press. Although I dont think Joe Santulli (I've known Joe for over 15 years now) actually saw the tape, I sent it to Al Backiel who verified it and copied it I believe. I think Al shared info with Joe, not 100% sure on that. For some reason the glitch run was documented as 127. The tape actually shows it as 131. Now, I'm a gaming sob, but not well versed in all of todays technology. So how do I go about taking the VHS tape and putting it on Youtube or some other way of sharing this great tape with all of you over the web?

Get a cheap 'all-in-one' video card (or use someone elses) that has video input and run a cable from your VCR's output and record it onto your PC. Then just upload the file to youtube and there you have it. FYI, the video cards are usually very cheap, and well worth the money to preserve old movies, family footage and all kinds of stuff. You can run your cable box to it and use your PC as a cheap TIVO/DVD burner as well. If you do not want to jerk around with all of that, I'd be happy to do it for you. Just get me a dub of the tape (PM me if you want), as a buddy of mine has the whole setup to do this. I can then send you a CD with the tape in digital format so you can save it. I'm sure lots of folks around here would love to see the tape.

• 10 months later...

Wow.

The programmer for TR.

It is my fav-all-time 2600 game. Probably my fave game period. Thanks for showing up here!

Why was the gameplay different from that described in the manual? I've always been curious.

I've read that the letters/symbols alongside the "bonus points" doors are your initials & your wifes. Is this true?

How much time were you given to program TR/how long did it take?

I'll think of more questions & post them later as I'm sure many others have their own.

Peace

I've actually found the programmer for Tunnel Runner before, but I've heard that he doesn't really want to be bothered about his past games so I never bothered to contact him before.

Tempest

I don't recall ever saying that to anyone.

Welcome to Atariage. Tunnel Runner is a great game.

Allan

I've actually found the programmer for Tunnel Runner before, but I've heard that he doesn't really want to be bothered about his past games so I never bothered to contact him before.

Tempest

Well that information came from a source that I no longer consider trustworty, so I assume I was lied to. I'm glad to see that this is not true.

Let me join the chorus, Tunnel Runner rocks!

Welcome to AA!

Tempest

Tempest

Mr. Balaska !

Thanks for coming ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :D :D :D

-Steve

(the annoying guy who sent you all the questions ;) )

• 1 month later...