IGNORED

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Dutchman2000

Also have to add the "Wow, someone is gonna get in alot of shit in 3,2,1.......C&D..... :rolling:

...2-1/2 decades too late.

I gotta ask, how is this different from other unreleased proto that eventually saw the light of day...and why are people worried about it today? IMO it's not any different than any other unauthorized 2600 binary (i.e. most of them) sitting on the hard drive.

Also have to add the "Wow, someone is gonna get in alot of shit in 3,2,1.......C&D..... :rolling:

I gotta ask, how is this different from other unreleased proto that eventually saw the light of day...and why are people worried about it today? IMO it's not any different than any other unauthorized 2600 binary (i.e. most of them) sitting on the hard drive.

Got to agree with Nukey on this one. I seriously doubt that anyone is going to pursue this after so long ;)

Well, the only difference is that the Blue Sky Ranger nerds are still sitting on their M Network proto's like some buddhistic monks, which makes it a little bit more 'whooooh' when one of these proto's is popping up for the crowd.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Well, I am for one glad when any new proto is released. It sort of gives a game life after death once it's rom is spread on the net. If I was a programmer of one of these forgotten games I'd be happy that other people could be enjoying it at all especially if the alternative was sitting on a shelf and living a silent death. Not everyone will agree with me on this, but that's my point of view.

Well, the only difference is that the Blue Sky Ranger nerds are still sitting on their M Network proto's like some buddhistic monks, which makes it a little bit more 'whooooh' when one of these proto's popping up for the crowd.

8)

Definitely!

I for one would pay to have a cd with all the 2600 proto's and unreleased games that they have locked up like fort knox.

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/...ts/atari3.shtml

As I remember Sword Fight and Sea Battle (High Seas) sold pretty well a few years back. You would think that it showed there was demand enough to do others or a rom release on cd. My guess is even after were all dead ,their ancestors will still be securely guarding these roms as if they held the secrets to the origins of the universe. :(

JL

P.S. As for the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS protos on their 2600 page, all they have to do is rename them minitor or something, like they did on their great Intellivision Lives collections. Hey, you Blue Sky hoarders out there, Why not an M-Network Lives collection? Seriously, Why Not????

Edited by JL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Part of their hesitance may be due to Anteater and Rocky & Bullwinkle being properties originally licensed from other companies (although I don't know if Tago exists anymore, but Rocky & Bullwinkle is still an active property).

That said, I'd love to see officially sanctioned releases of these games. Given that the total number of copies sold probably wouldn't exceed 200 each, I can't imaging anyone getting their undies in a bunch over it.

Edited by Nathan Strum

Part of their hesitance may be due to Anteater and Rocky & Bullwinkle being properties originally licensed from other companies (although I don't know if Tago exists anymore)

I believe Stern may own the rights to Anteater now.

Tempest

• 3 weeks later...
Part of their hesitance may be due to Anteater and Rocky & Bullwinkle being properties originally licensed from other companies (although I don't know if Tago exists anymore)

Tempest

I have and can make Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Edited by rjchamp3

Tempest

I have and can make Rockey and Bullwinkle.

Huh? :?

Tempest

Like Snow White, for instance?

Have snow white too and anteater, no big deal, just games

And now back to the realms of reality ;)

I doubt you have Anteater as the prototype is owned by the Blue Sky Rangers and the rom is only in the hands of one or two individuals whom I sincerely doubt would ever give it to you.

Tempest

I doubt you have Anteater as the prototype is owned by the Blue Sky Rangers and the rom is only in the hands of one or two individuals whom I sincerely doubt would ever give it to you.

Tempest

Why do you even respond to a post like that? LOL

I just scored McDonalds II - Ronald's Revenge today. :lust:

Tempest

And I have Pitfall III: Quickclaw Gets Neutered in my collection!

Tempest

And I have Pitfall III: Quickclaw Gets Neutered in my collection!

You just get ready for your tournament with me.

And I have these roms, you guys think they are so hard to come by my god :roll:

Edited by rjchamp3