IGNORED

Fastest, most frenetic, action-packed 2600 Shooter?

NE146

Ok guys.. I'm in a shooter mood right now, and I know the 2600's got a buttload. Any suggestions on what to play? I want fast.. and lots of shooting action!

Someone on irc suggested Space Master X-7 . So I'll give that a shot (no pun intended). :P

I'd have to say Chopper Command or Defender II

Chopper Comand has suhc small fast enemies... I can never get anywhere in it

Defender II has so much goin on, enimies everywhere, plus those extras like hyperspace, inviso and stuff, I can't keep my head straight playin it.

Actually, now that I think about it Plaque Attack gets awful damn fast...

I can get to the pint where I swear it is impossible to gte any farther because your toothpaste just doesn't move fast enough... unless there's ALWAYS a set pattern and you can aticiate where it's coming from next to get there before it does... but still... there is NO room for error!

Ok.. I've tried all the Imagic/Activision/Atari shooters countless times over the years so I wanted to play new ones. Here's what I found last night with my cuttlecart and rom arsenal:

Space Master X-7 rocked. It reminds me of Star Castle or Eliminator! Yars Revenge aint got nothing on this one. If you're looking for a Star Castle-ish type gameplay, this is your puppy.

Turmoil was pure frantic fun as well. Glad I finally tried that out. I wonder how I missed that one. I put it aside to try out game 9 over the weekend

Threshold was another goody. I think I like it better than Megamania now! Will play this one more for sure.

Gravitar... uh I wouldn't really call that game a shooter. Plus I know it well enough anyway so that gets the razzz. ;)

I still have yet to try Stargunner! that's next

Warplock/Encounter at L-5 - Looks like crap, but pretty good gameplay! Plus it uses paddles which is kind of cool. Any fans of this game? I have to try it out more.