IGNORED

Getting lost in Adventure

MattK

Try as I might, I can't figure out the Blue Labyrinth (the manual calls it blue, but it's kinda purplish on my TV). I'm guessing it's roughly symmetrical, and some of the screens form an endless loop. I get even more lost in the Level 2 Catacombs, which seem to have no symmetry at all. Anyone got a map?

From the first screen go left to the next screen, go up, go right to the next screen. Follow this to the next junction, go up, go right. Continue right until you reach a large open area, go up. Continue up to the black castle.

If you still get lost, drop me a PM and I'll e-mail you the map.

Click here for a well-done map, as well as a complete explanation of the easter egg.

If you're looking for less of a spoiler and more of a hint, I'll let you know that the boundaries aren't as static as in most games. Sometimes exits from rooms warp to other screens that don't seem logical. In this case, three lefts does NOT make a right!

--Zero

The bridge comes in extremely handy. After you enter the blue maze, go right and then up (deviating downward for a moment to loop around the first divider). Then just start placing the bridge through walls that prevent any northward progression, and you'll eventually get to the super-long vertical passage that leads up to the black castle.

CF

Once you get it you keep it. When I go t my Atari about 5 months ago I got Adventure with it since it was my Fav as a kid. Now I had not played the thin in like 20 yrs but I plugged it in and remembered exactly where everything was and how to get around. I can still manuver through it with my eyes closed! it is erie how things stick with you over the years. I can not remeber what I had for dinner yesterday but I know how to get through the catacombs