IGNORED

Ikaruga (Radiant Silvergun 2) Release Date

Varan

Ikaruga for Dreamcast this fall in Japan

Treasure's arcade shooter, Ikaruga, makes its way to the Dreamcast this fall in Japan.

According to online reports from Japan, Treasure's arcade shooter, Ikaruga, has been confirmed for release on the Dreamcast. Released in 2001, the top-down scroller shooting lets players switch between white and black modes on their craft, and while in that color, players can absorb enemy attacks of the same color. The game is scheduled for release on September 5 in Japan, with a price tag of 6,800 yen ($56).

Dreamcast? really?

Wierd. I love Treasure games (and the DC) but what is up with them? Are they allergic to money or something?

They keep releasing games for dead machines. They'd be better off flogging all their copies on ebay. 'Cause sooner or later, the real profit is gonna go to whoever does. The original radiant silvergun was fetching silly money on there.

Ugh! Please! Let the DC die already! What is it with the DC and these post-mortem sporadic releases??

The end has been declared and treasure would be better served to release this game on the XBOX (seeing how the better Sega exclusives are winding up there) where it would be sure to earn even more $$$$ for them.

I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish here. Yes, they may end up with a "we still care about the hardcore gamers" image, but man, talk about a case of too little, too late.

I don't know... If I had a game that was just about completed, and I was a smaller development house, I would probably still go ahead and complete the game for the system, even if it was a "dead" system, so to speak. There is obviously still some money left there or even the beloved Treasure wouldn't be making a game for it.

All that I know is that I've already got my copy preordered, and I can't wait!

All that I know is that I've already got my copy preordered, and I can't wait

Me too! At this point the DC may be a safer bet than the X-Box with Microsoft losing hundreds of dollars on each unit. Does anyone else think that the X-Box is going to have trouble in the next few years?

Tempest

Go to

http://mgr141.hiphip.com/default.asp

It's the latest news. Game is called Metal Wolf. This is also where I pre-ordered my RS2. They also have an adult game for Saturn called Doukoku Soshite. It's sold out though and I'm not sure if more will become available.

WOOT! As I was typing this, FedEx arrived with two DC games I got cheap on e-Bay. Fighting Force 2 amd Ooga Bogga. I love getting games in the mail.

Go to

WOOT!  As I was typing this, FedEx arrived with two DC games I got cheap on e-Bay.  Fighting Force 2 amd Ooga Bogga.  I love getting games in the mail.

I hope you didn't pay more than $10 for each title (including shipping) as these two games are readily available for $4.99 at Best Buy. I don't like to see people overspend.

I paid $1 for one and $4 for the other plus shipping. I've been looking at Best Buys, Frys, Kay Bee... I can't find a lot of DC stuff i San Diego. Best Buy has 30 copies of NFL 2K, 3 copies of Dave Mirra and 1 copy of ECW.

Go to

It's the latest news.  Game is called Metal Wolf.  This is also where I pre-ordered my RS2.  They also have an adult game for Saturn called Doukoku Soshite.  It's sold out though and I'm not sure if more will become available.

:D Thank you. Beat 'Em &Eat 'Em was getting boring. :D