IGNORED

Modded 7800's for sale anywhere?

SRGilbert

Hello all,

Long time lurker here with a question. Does anyone sell AV-modded 7800's? I know that Oldschoolgamer and Viking will do the mod if you send them your unit, but I don't have a 7800 anyway so I thought this might be a better option. Also, I'm not sure of my soldering skill level to be able to do the 7800 kit from 8bitdomain myself!

Can anyone with experience tell me if there would be any difference in AV quality between a 2600 with the 8bitdomain mod versus the 7800 with the 8bid mod when playing 2600 games? I may just say heck with it and get the solderless 2600 mod since 4 switch 2600's are so easy to come by.

Thanks in advance!

Scott :)

Hello all,

Long time lurker here with a question. Does anyone sell AV-modded 7800's? I know that Oldschoolgamer and Viking will do the mod if you send them your unit, but I don't have a 7800 anyway so I thought this might be a better option. Also, I'm not sure of my soldering skill level to be able to do the 7800 kit from 8bitdomain myself!

Can anyone with experience tell me if there would be any difference in AV quality between a 2600 with the 8bitdomain mod versus the 7800 with the 8bid mod when playing 2600 games? I may just say heck with it and get the solderless 2600 mod since 4 switch 2600's are so easy to come by.

Thanks in advance!

Gppd question!!

One thing I don't like about hardcore retrogaming (every system of mine that can be modded is!) is that you can't buy most stuff off the shelf.

A suggestion????

Buy one on Ebay, and have it sent to Viking (www.vikingvideogames.com) and get it modded and cleaned.

Any other ideas?????

I've got both of them, and I can tell you the s-video output quality is superb on both. And yes, the 2600 one being solderless is the easier :)

Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

Gppd question!!

One thing I don't like about hardcore retrogaming (every system of mine that can be modded is!) is that you can't buy most stuff off the shelf.

A suggestion????

Buy one on Ebay, and have it sent to Viking (www.vikingvideogames.com) and get it modded and cleaned.

Any other ideas?????

agreed. You should pick one up fairly cheap on ebay. You may even get one with some games you'd really like or need.

I ordered my kit for the 7800 from 8bitdomain about a month ago and still haven't received it.

Is this "normal" for them?

Yes, they have a tendancy to be slow. Try sending them an email, that might help speed it up.

Mitch

Yes, they have a tendancy to be slow. Try sending them an email, that might help speed it up.

I agree - send Mike an email. He certainly isn't the fastest, but he has always come through for me in the end.

Not the fastest but possibly the slowest. But as you saifd EVENTUALLY you will get what you order, how long it takes is even a mystery to God though.

• 4 weeks later...
Get your system mod by OSG (old school gamer). He uses Mikes parts but has service that is lightning fast and gaunteed.

How do I get in contact with OSG? I couldn't find a listing on this forum for anyone with that username, and I tryed Old School Gamer, as well.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be cheaper just to buy a modded Flashback 2. Couldn't play 7800 games on it, but that would be fine with me.

Edited by dave4shmups

Get your system mod by OSG (old school gamer). He uses Mikes parts but has service that is lightning fast and gaunteed.

How do I get in contact with OSG? I couldn't find a listing on this forum for anyone with that username, and I tryed Old School Gamer, as well.

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be cheaper just to buy a modded Flashback 2. Couldn't play 7800 games on it, but that would be fine with me.

The owner is AA user named "omne", send him a PM.

The owner is AA user named "omne", send him a PM.

Just sent him a message; thanks!! :)

If you just need a 2600 with AV attachments, you could buy the part from 8bitDomain www.8bitdomain.com

That mod is completely solderless and looks incredibly easy compared to the 7800 mod. I was just hoping to avoid having to pay triple shipping to end up with a modded 7800 (1st ship to me, then to OSG, and then back to me again.)

If you just need a 2600 with AV attachments, you could buy the part from 8bitDomain www.8bitdomain.com

That mod is completely solderless and looks incredibly easy compared to the 7800 mod. I was just hoping to avoid having to pay triple shipping to end up with a modded 7800 (1st ship to me, then to OSG, and then back to me again.)

GAH!, you expect me to install this?!:

http://www.8bitdomain.com/proddetail.php?prod=av7800

Way to many wires and parts. I don't see any online instructions either, which would be nice for people to see before purchasing one of these kits.

GAH!, you expect me to install this?!:

http://www.8bitdomain.com/proddetail.php?prod=av7800

Way to many wires and parts. I don't see any online instructions either, which would be nice for people to see before purchasing one of these kits.

Well, the 7800 mod might be a bit advanced if you've never used a soldering iron before. The instructions can be found HERE You'll find links to PDF step by step intructions for all the AV mods they sell (except the 5200 for some reason?)

What I was refering to was the mod they offer for the 2600. I recommend that one because there is no soldering involved at all. You do have to pry out an IC chip, but that's not too hard. The hardest part is probably drilling the holes in the case for the jacks.