IGNORED

move over, old school consoles

ever since i bought my wii back in january, i haven't even touched any of my other game systems (aside from my neo geo pocket.) before wii, i bought for a few different systems and played mame, but i haven't really PLAYED a whole lot in many years. saturday, i put in 6 hours on excite truck. come on. wii is the real deal. i've actually gotten together with people to play wii sports. people that don't even play videogames. and they love it. i remember a few years back, when everybody was like, "everything's been done. there is no more optimism." and i think that that is a big part of why i went back to playing old games, watching old movies, etc. yeah, nostalgia was part of it, but i think it was all about remembering the optimism of things to come. and thinking that that optimism was gone. but to me, the wii is proof that everything hasn't been done, and that we do have something to look forward to.

oh yeah, and i'm not just talking about videogames.

he's right though. I did a similar thing too for awhile especially with music. Theres too much of the same thing with a fresh coat of paint thrown on it in the market anymore no matter what the product is whether its something you buy in the store ,or a show on tv you watch.

i have a wii, 360, and ps2...i find myself having a hard time trying to pull myself away from the wii. i kept saying yeah i wanna play some ninja gaiden, and i need to get Gears of War then i end up buying a new wii game.

wii and ps2 play time is tied. i seem to play the ps2 for a while, then want something different... so i play the wii. then i just want to use a good old pad and go back to the ps2. its a nice trade off. the two systems actually compliment each other pretty well.

Same here for me. I will play some Metal Slug on the Wii, or a VC game..or Sonic..or whatever. Then switch back to either watching a movie on the PS2, or putting in Ratchet and Clank (My current ps2 game I'm playing right now...) and blasting some stuff away that way.