IGNORED

Super Pong and Pong Security Bit

Nico95

I'm trying to find were I can get a Security bit for a old Atari Super Pong. I have had no luck with pliers or visegrips or any other method so far. I would like to try to find out were to get the bit. Best Electronics didn't carry them and thought they were around $10 if I could find one. It would be nice at least to know the name of the bit. Also does anyone have a spare Battery compartment for a superpong laying around. Mine is totally shot and would like to fix that with a replacement.

THanks!

Nick

post-12792-1176665855_thumb.jpgI checked out the security bit sets, but of know of them looks to have a bit that would fit. It's like a tri wing with a indented center. Really more like a spanner with three pieces instaed of 2. At least thats how it should look. A regular spanner won't work either. I've checked all my security bit sets also. No luck. Any all help is greatlly appreciated. I'll send a pic. Maybe mines is diiferent . Hope this helps. Again thanks for your help. Hopefully I can track something down. It would be nice.

Thanks again,

Nick

Lookup or request a security bit set.

Curt

Northern Tools sells them, you can also check happcontrols.com

Curt

THanks Curt, What is the actual Name of the bit, so I can look it up?

Thanks again,

Nick

I've never seen a bit like that, and I've got a 100-piece set.

My advice:

Try vice grips. If you can't grip it, make a notch in the center of the screw's head with a center punch and drill it out. When you're done, replace with a regular screw.

I've never seen a bit like that, and I've got a 100-piece set.

My advice:

Try vice grips. If you can't grip it, make a notch in the center of the screw's head with a center punch and drill it out. When you're done, replace with a regular screw.

Yeah, It's not a easy thing to find. I've checked those 100 piece one's too. no luck. I really hate to drill it. I'm a purist what can I say,lol. I thought I saw one a long time ago on my old Dodge Diplomat Radio. It sure looked similar. I haven't had any luck with vise grips either. You wouldn't happen to know a good place for a replacement Battery compartment. I never can find these on Ebay as parts/ Repair. Wasn't sure if ther was anyone out there that had parts like B&C or Best. Best doesn't for sure, and didn't see anything on B&C either. Funny thing is Grad from Best seemed to know what it was but didn't have a name for the bit when I checked with him about 2 years ago.

Thanks again,

Nick

• 4 months later...

I too had troubles opening my own systems but the only solution I found so far was to grip the screws using a wire grip (wire cuter). This requires a bit of patience but you end up removing the screws. Then I would saw a line on the top of the head so that normal screw drivers would then work.

In the other hand I found some systems with different screws with a square hole on the center of their tops. A normal flat screw driver will work fine.

That looks like the same screwhead used on many EA Genesis carts.

The thing about it is that unlike a regular twi-wing, the indents are on the outside of the head where you get more leverage. You just need an awl or something to push the screw near the outside edge. Once I get that kind of screw off I don't put it back.

I once read about an arcade repair guy who used a ball point pen (minus the ink). He heated it up and then placed it over the screw-head. The idea being that the plastic moulded itself around the screw head, and once set, was enough to loosen the screw.

I suppose it all depends on how tight in the original is though.

i have taken apart a few things with that type of screw and i found that this bit will sometimes do the trick if its not to tight

i have this type of screw on a recliner chair i have in the living room and i used this bit to tighten a few screws

here is my set and i took the bit out that i use for these types of screws, if the gap between the bit is large enough you can get the points to attach to 2 parts of the screw and turn it

and my nes bits are in the screwdriver handle :)

post-541-1188585101_thumb.jpg