IGNORED

Dying Wii

remowilliams

Well looks like my Wii is starting to kick the bucket for some reason. Pisses me off, it's not like the thing has seen any extensive use. I'm getting bouts of random clicking from the drive mech while trying to read discs, and then the "error has occured please power off" screen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it won't give the damn disc back. :x

Well looks like my Wii is starting to kick the bucket for some reason. Pisses me off, it's not like the thing has seen any extensive use. I'm getting bouts of random clicking from the drive mech while trying to read discs, and then the "error has occured please power off" screen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it won't give the damn disc back. :x

Yeah, that's actually really common with the Wii. Happened to me the first time i put a disc in, and to this day happens about every fifth time i try to play a game. Doesn't mean it's dying, just means it's a piece of crap. As an added bonus, mine randomly halts connection with the controllers...sometimes one, sometimes both, and i have to unplug it to get them to reconnect. You get what you pay for, i guess.

Edited by Scumdogg

I've actually been experiencing more of the "error loading disc" messages. You have to turn the console off and try loading it again. Seems to do it most with Gamecube games however, and I don't believe it has done it to me with any Wii discs (though I have been playing more GC games than Wii so far).

I registered my Wii with Nintendo, which gives you an extra 3 months warranty, so hopefully if it goes it goes soon!

I think I have only had the disc error read once and it was when I put Wii Sports in to play it with my boys one time. As for the odd clicks and what not, my Wii has done that since day one it was opened. I have also had the controller unsync issue happen from the time to time. However that only happens when changing channels in the Wii interface or when first selecting a channel.

However, what I have noticed is that this has actually been getting better and better over time instead of getting worse. It is possible that some wireless interference could have been causing an issue with the controllers or something. In either case, they haven't been knocked out in a bit. Overall, I have been very pleased with the operation of the Wii and hope to look forward to many many years of service from it.

My wii is running just fine as well..

its not a piece of crap system, its a computer.. and like any computer, you have a chance of getting a bad part. I have had to replace parts on my Powerbook, but it doesnt mean its not built well.

Either way, at least you bought a system from nintendo. They'll replace/fix your system within a week, and thats including shipping time. They are nothing short of amazing. Not to mention the only company I have called after all these years thats actually nice to you on the phone. Just get it replaced.. no biggy. EIther way I sure as hell woudlnt just live with it like the second person who posted is doing. Fix it now while its under warrenty and save yourself the trouble of dealing with the issue for months to come.