IGNORED

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

AtariJr

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827187/vids_1.html

really freakin nice vids here. its nice to see that SOMEONE is trying to take advantage of what the wii is capable of doing graphically.

the previews are pretty positive with the only complaint being its not a full on resident evil game. however, there is 15/20 hrs of gameplay in this game for one, and its really hard. I also like this this type of "light gun" type feel as i personally never really liked resident evil and how it played. i sold back RE4 the day i got it being disappointed with it...

i for one love the house of the dead X40 type gameplay style. this is more up my alley .. the addition of counter attacks and use of differnt items is nice. you can even hit virtuallly any object around you to destroy it from slintering doors, shooting lights to turn them off, busted windows, shooting down chandeliers.. etc. seems like a very exciting game especially since i had virtually written off this game as i didnt think it would be any good.

none of this is pre-rendered like the RE games on the cube (the first few). its looking like a blast (no pun intended), and i cant wait till its release this summer. its sad to think that before i saw this i thought House of the Dead 2 on the DC still was graphically impressive. sorry HotD, you are now replaced.

Edited by AtariJr

Hmm, I'd rather have another real RE game but this could be interesting.

Hopefully they can get the texture resolution up, as right now they look typically GC/Wii crappy. And if it looks like that on a four inch window on my monitor, it's going to look like real hell on my HD set.

I'm also concerned about the floaty imprecise nature of "wii-pointing" in something like a light gun game. You can see the problem in the demo even though it is reacting much faster than say Red Steel. I also don't like reticles on my lightgun games, but I guess that's going to be a necessary evil with this controller.

Hmm, I'd rather have another real RE game but this could be interesting.

Hopefully they can get the texture resolution up, as right now they look typically GC/Wii crappy. And if it looks like that on a four inch window on my monitor, it's going to look like real hell on my HD set.

I'm also concerned about the floaty imprecise nature of "wii-pointing" in something like a light gun game. You can see the problem in the demo even though it is reacting much faster than say Red Steel. I also don't like reticles on my lightgun games, but I guess that's going to be a necessary evil with this controller.

previews suggest that the control is dead on. sounds like someone finally took some time and effort with the wii mote which is a rarity with some devs.

textures look pretty good i think, and im sure it all will be imporved as its not nearly complete

If it is anything like RE: Survivor it will be horrible. I hope they learned a lesson with that game and this will actually be worth getting.

yea i hear you, but judging form responses on it so far (exluding the always bashing of all three systems joystiq cuase they have month long periods) its playing nicely, and is a fun shooter. i just want House of the Dead 4 lol

See, now THAT looks nice. I figured it was going to end up a worthless mess of a spinoff...sort of a "Resident Evil: Downhill Jam". :D If the game looks and plays anywhere near this nice upon release, i shall be impressed. Any word on someone actually releasing that cool little sawed-off shotgun shell for the remote that they were showing off prior to release? It'd be fun to actually get to play this with something that feels like a gun.

See, now THAT looks nice. I figured it was going to end up a worthless mess of a spinoff...sort of a "Resident Evil: Downhill Jam". :D If the game looks and plays anywhere near this nice upon release, i shall be impressed. Any word on someone actually releasing that cool little sawed-off shotgun shell for the remote that they were showing off prior to release? It'd be fun to actually get to play this with something that feels like a gun.

well they did say the duckhunt type zapper shell for the wii mote will be released the same time this game comes out. :D

Looks good. Horrible voice acting aside..... House of the Dead was a game that was a lot of fun. We used to play it on the Dreamcast (I think part 2) Maybe when they release the zapper gun attachment they will release some VC lightgun games?

I watched the video and it looks like a blast to play. I wasn't expecting it to be arcadey. I figured it would be a first person adventure. Glad to hear that its going to be long game play wise. It looked like the guy had a hard time keeping the remote steady, if he used one. The zapper gun would really improve steadiness. Whens this game coming out?

I watched the video and it looks like a blast to play. I wasn't expecting it to be arcadey. I figured it would be a first person adventure. Glad to hear that its going to be long game play wise. It looked like the guy had a hard time keeping the remote steady, if he used one. The zapper gun would really improve steadiness. Whens this game coming out?

I just assumed the jitter was because a senior citizen was playing it. They really seem to like the Wii. I should have know better though I don't think they play anything but Bowling.

Maybe the person was just so scared they were shaking!!???

Damn that's one scary RE game.

When is this coming out?

Also, is this a rail shooter or will you have some control over your character?

on rails, but unlike house of the dead, you can move your view , at lesat thast what they made it sound like.