IGNORED

My "extremely early" attempts at programming......

Cassidy Nolen

Hi all,

Considering I am getting married in like a week (actually next Saturday), I have needed something to occupy my time (I am a little nervous, gee wonder why?). Anyway, I found this XE system at the thrift store about two weeks ago, and have spent the last 10 days programming on it. I know that Basic is a far cry from Assembly language, but I am making advances. Mind you, this is an attempt from someone with an undergrad degree in Piedmont-Colonial Archaeology, not computer sci or CS.....

Have a basic, primitive game of pong going on the machine

Understand all the graphic and color registers

Understand what the heck a subroutine is

Have drawn the graphics on the screen for the objects I plan to animate.

Not too shabby, considering I do not have a floppy or tape drive, and have to start all over every time I turn it on.

Just wanted you all to know, I am really trying; so when I ask some stupid programming question, I can avoid the flames! :)

Wish me luck, on both!

Cassidy

As far as I'm concerned, you get a 10 out of 10 so far for the effort. If you need any assistance, you're talking to the BASIC master from way back, here -- so e-mail me at drummerboy_91@yahoo.com and I'll answer any questions you might have.

CF

P.S. All the best, regarding your marriage!

someone with an undergrad degree in Piedmont-Colonial Archaeology, not computer sci or CS.....

Hey, same here :D

I went to university of Montreal in Archaeology/Anthropology then I went to university of Ottawa in History!!!!!

But I did have some basic computer course (C, C++, DOS, HTML....)

However, I'm not an expert in programmation but I one day I will have my atari game 8)

I just found an XE at a thrift store too, wierd huh? So I'll be doing some atari basic stuff too, but I need the disk drive first I think....

Check out my games. Here...www.geocities.com/neongraphix click on video games and choose from the 3 there, you will need the shockwave plugin. I plan to port these to the Atari later.....