IGNORED

Now Official - NeoGeo to hit the VC worldwide this summer!

-^CrossBow^-

King of Fighters '99 would be sooooo sweet. I've already got the Dreamcast version, but what the heck, another version of the game couldn't hurt!

I just wish they were selling the games for a more reasonable price. Ben Hermann alludes to a ten dollar price, and I was hoping for something along the lines of eight.

JR

This is great, as I've only played a few of the earlier NeoGeo games, from back when I was working at Electronics Boutique. And even then I don't think we were allowed to take those games home to try them, since we would only get ONE copy of a game at a time to sell.

The NeoGeo is one of the few cartridge-based systems I do not collect for, so this would be a great opportunity to play them for the first time. :)

..Al

Actually that article I linked to has this quote regarding the pricing of the Neo-Geo games...

"The games, some of which originally retailed for over $200, will be priced for download "just a little above the Super NES point" of $8 per game, Herman said. What a difference 17 years makes ..."

It doesn't state which titles would be initially available, but other reports around the ole web indicate that SNK is willing to offer the enter 100+ library of Neo-Geo games to the VC. But that they do plan to start with games that haven't been remade or re-released in compilations. I would also imagine that with the Metal Slug Anthology available for the Wii already, that those titles aren't likely to be released anytime soon.

There are a few really excellent titles available for the Neo-Geo, but I was never into the fighting games much and I'm afraid that the fighting games will be the initial bulk of VC released titles to come out first.

There are a few really excellent titles available for the Neo-Geo, but I was never into the fighting games much and I'm afraid that the fighting games will be the initial bulk of VC released titles to come out first.

Well, many people have complained that there aren't any good fighting games on the VC (VF2 for the Genesis :roll: ).

Cool... I wonder if the Metal Slug series will be available since they released a Wii disc already? I'm not much on the fighters, but I do like Samuari Showdown and the classic games like Magician Lord, Viewpoint, King of the Monsters, Baseball Stars, Golf, Super Baseball 2020, etc.

Edited by Gregory DG

This a bargin for the prices. There are some some games I would have a chance to play now like view point. I always wanted to own a Neo geo. This would be me closest thing to own a Neo geo. At least know there will be good fighting good games on the virtual game console.

Edited by 8th lutz

Pulstar would be really nice to have... I'm mainly into the platformers and some of the Schumps that were available on the Neo-Geo. Fighers I just don't care about...the rest would be cool.

As I stated before, I don't see Metal Slug coming to the VC for a while since the Anthology is available for the Wii already with all the Slug games on it.

I think this will hurt the virtual game console game selection of fighting games for the snes or the genesis. It will hurt the genesis somewhat, but the amount snk fighting games on the snes will hurt the virtual game console more. Gamers back in the day expect for mk1, picked the snes for fighting games that were on both systems due to the sound and graphics. The snes still has some great fighting games left to be selected for the vc like the mortal combat series, Super Street fighter 2, street fighter 2 turbo, Street fighter 2 alpha. There still be other fighting game on that system like clay fighter.

I think this will hurt the virtual game console game selection of fighting games for the snes or the genesis. It will hurt the genesis somewhat, but the amount snk fighting games on the snes will hurt the virtual game console more. Gamers back in the day expect for mk1, picked the snes for fighting games that were on both systems due to the sound and graphics. The snes still has some great fighting games left to be selected for the vc like the mortal combat series, Super Street fighter 2, street fighter 2 turbo, Street fighter 2 alpha. There still be other fighting game on that system like clay fighter.

Don't worry. I'm certain the entire reason Capcom released the crappy original SNES Street Fighter II on the VC was so they could milk the situation by slowly releasing the improved versions over time. So, I'm certain we'll see all the Street Fighter II SNES games one after the other.

Will we see Killer Instinct? Does Nintendo even own it anymore? They seem to have gone out of their way for about the past decade trying to make everyone forget it.

I think we'll eventually see one of the SNES Mortal Kombats on the Virtual Console.

If we go by what has been said by SNK and take it at face value, it will be a long time before we see any of the King of Fighters games on the Virtual Console. All of those are on recently issued Japanese compilations (with online play, no less). I think it's more likely we'll see a Fatal Fury game or two. I'm hoping that we'll get Last Resort (which hasn't ever been released for anything other than the Neo Geo consoles, AFAK).

It would be kickass if SNK bought a fan tranlation of Samurai Showdown RPG and released it on the North Am VC.

Actually that article I linked to has this quote regarding the pricing of the Neo-Geo games...

"The games, some of which originally retailed for over $200, will be priced for download "just a little above the Super NES point" of $8 per game, Herman said. What a difference 17 years makes ..."

It's worth pointing out that the street price for those games is still amazingly high. NeoGeo carts don't exactly show up at garage sales for $1 a piece. They regularly cost $20 or more per used copy! As a result, $8 a game is actually quite a good deal. :)

Will we see Killer Instinct?

I don't know about you, but unless it's the arcade version (doubt it), I don't even want them to bother. The SuperNES version was fun for its time (since we got gyped on the Ultra64 version! :x), but not what I'd call a classic. KI2:Gold was just a train-wreck of an update to game that was a train-wreck in the arcades.

I would like to get another KI music CD, though. :D