IGNORED

ST/E, TT and Falcon (and compat's.) users/owners...Where do you live

West Yorkshire, England (UK)

I'm 37 yrs old and I have used various models of the ST since around 1989. I currently own three 4160 STe machines, one with an IDEal hard drive interface, an IBM DBOA-2720 2.5 inch 720MB Hard Drive, TOS 2.06 UK, a Horizon 16ch MIDI expander, Replay sampling cartridge, VGA Mono cable adapter, Forget-Me-Clock II time keeping cartridge.

Would like:

(1) PeST mouse interface

(2) VGA colour adapter

(3) IDE to CompactFlash adapter

(4) Atari Mega STe

(5) Atari Falcon

(6) Atari ST Book

.....errr best stop as the list could become very long! :D

Edited by Shredder11

I'm 34, and live in a NW Arkansas town called Harrison. I just recently aquired a nice 520ST and have been really enjoying it...although I'd really like to upgrade it externally.

Can't wait to have a get together with other ST owners and see what all the ST can do in a group. Yea, I know...I sound childish. What can I say, when it comes to Atari, I'm a 34-year old kid. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here we have the changing of the guard, my TT030 talking to a Mac G4 (laplink to serial/USB adaptor) Pulled the mod collection off the TT030.

Anyway, just wanted to show another TT030 for this thread. It was fun powering it up last night for the first time in a while.

post-4709-1222270724_thumb.jpg

The TT and Mega STe sure had some cool industrial design. Pity the Tramiels were such cheapskates and didn't use that design for the Falcon.

Nice setup and the 12" PowerBook is sweet too.

Fletch

Here we have the changing of the guard, my TT030 talking to a Mac G4 (laplink to serial/USB adaptor) Pulled the mod collection off the TT030.

Anyway, just wanted to show another TT030 for this thread. It was fun powering it up last night for the first time in a while.

The TT and Mega STe sure had some cool industrial design. Pity the Tramiels were such cheapskates and didn't use that design for the Falcon.

Nice setup and the 12" PowerBook is sweet too.

Fletch

Thanks! The 12" Powerbook is the best pile of parts a friend ever gave me. I took a good look at the parts and said "You know, this would be cool if it worked..."

The TT030 was a great machine, but I got the feeling that when the Falcon was made they wanted an uber STE... for graphics and gaming. And the Atari TT/MegaSTE were the uber Mega ST's.

Wouldn't it be better to just use an irc client on the STE itself?

Sure would... then I'd need a TCP stack, network connection between the two , etc. Or... I could shell into my OS X box via terminal program across a nullmodem cable ;) What you're suggesting is my ultimate goal but I'm not there yet.

Sure would... then I'd need a TCP stack, network connection between the two , etc. Or... I could shell into my OS X box via terminal program across a nullmodem cable ;) What you're suggesting is my ultimate goal but I'm not there yet.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4260

:)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4260

:)

Thank you sir! I think that's the same one I've got bookmarked on paradize's website that I'm attempting. The stack didn't work on 1.62 so I upgraded to 2.06 and it works fine. Right now, it's more of the lack of time than anything - watching the newborn right now ;)

well it kinda funny that you should ask

because see .

my mother(a woman)

and

my father( a male)

meet some 33 years ago (consentually)

and you see

,,,they

,,urgh

uhmmm ,

oh where am i from?

ok

province :ontario

city:not toronto

callaghan

Edited by callaghan

• 2 weeks later...

Someone from these 'ere forums has just sent me a boxed 520STE with upgrade to 1040 STE. The original box has 1040 decals placed over the 520 ones. Does anyone know if Atari did this, or if a delaer would do the upgrade before selling.

Also, how easy are these things to upgrade to 4 meg, for no other reason that it can be done :D

• 2 months later...
Someone from these 'ere forums has just sent me a boxed 520STE with upgrade to 1040 STE. Also, how easy are these things to upgrade to 4 meg, for no other reason that it can be done :D

The good news is that the STe is the easiest and cheapest to upgrade to 4MB (less than £10). Just open the case and unscrew the metal shielding covers until you see the memory sockets near the PSU. Remove old SIMM modules and insert your four 1MB SIMMs into the slots, then screw everything back again.