IGNORED

IGN preview of Dewy's Adventure.

Atari Master

The lastest video looks really good! I can't tell what is CGI cutscene and what is gameplay. That isn't a bad thing...right?

I also like what I read regarding the effects being used. I can't recall any other Cube or Wii games that use Depth of field blur! That is a pretty intensive effect and the Wii apparently has no trouble with this! Good to know!

I will likely buy this game when it is released. But I will still wait until a few more reviews are thrown up after the release.

The lastest video looks really good! I can't tell what is CGI cutscene and what is gameplay. That isn't a bad thing...right?

I also like what I read regarding the effects being used. I can't recall any other Cube or Wii games that use Depth of field blur! That is a pretty intensive effect and the Wii apparently has no trouble with this! Good to know!

I will likely buy this game when it is released. But I will still wait until a few more reviews are thrown up after the release.

As far as I know, it's all in game footage. No CGI there. :)

I can't recall any other Cube or Wii games that use Depth of field blur!

Zelda: Wind Waker used it. Looked beautiful, especially out at sea.

Konami are putting out some wonderful stuff at the moment. It's weird, the most unlikely developers that GET the Wii.

You're right! I had forgotten about the Depth of Field on Wind Waker. I was also noticing while my boys were playing Wii Sports that Depth of field blur is also used in Tennis. Sometimes on the zoom in effects you can see the trees blurred out using that technique.

I guess it was just way more obvious in those Dewy's vids and screen shots. And the effect is used so little in most games that it really stands out on titles that use it quite a bit.

I can't recall any other Cube or Wii games that use Depth of field blur!

Zelda: Wind Waker used it. Looked beautiful, especially out at sea.

Konami are putting out some wonderful stuff at the moment. It's weird, the most unlikely developers that GET the Wii.

Konami is the ONLY developer that gets the Wii. In my opinion, Elebits is still the best game available for the system that was designed especially FOR the system.

JR

Konami is the ONLY developer that gets the Wii. In my opinion, Elebits is still the best game available for the system that was designed especially FOR the system.

JR

Much as it pains me deep down in my soul to say this, I think EA gets it as well. They made sports games where they said "fuck the graphics for right now, let's aim at using that new control scheme well" (which I'd imagine could be the official slogan for the Wii as far as the people buying it are concerned). Now they're making a Sims-Animal Crossing hybred specifically for the system, which looks like it may be able to hit a couple of Nintendo fan and computer gamer sweet spots.

Now I feel icky. Next thing you know I'll be saying Sony doesn't suck.

• 4 weeks later...