IGNORED

Mord's Blog - Back to code.

RSS Bot

Maybe it's the sudden intense 15 degrees celcius outside yesterday, but I picked up the codebook again tonight along with putting more effort into the last couple map redos I'm doing for Scrapyard Dog. (only 3-3 left! yay! ... I thought I had more than just 2 to do for some reason, probably what helped procrastinate on it. :ponder: )

Codewise, I just started hacking into a flicker routine for Action RPG. There's a limited number of objects to check for with the item/monster setup I have in mind and the routine itself for choosing which of the X items to load into sprites 0 and 1 for each frame seems simple enough.

Seems simple enough.

SEEMS.

I know I'm going to be scratching my head later over some little detail.

Another thing I was pondering was making an atari 2600 paint utility. One that actually runs on the hardware.

The disadvantage of doing it as an actual rom is extracting the sprites for use in another program - I'd have to make it so the person could copy down on paper the values of the bytes.

The advantage of doing it as an actual rom include making sure the colors look exactly the way you want (if you're sitting in front of the TV on real hardware at least) and making it so that the atarivox/savekey can save images.

I'm probably going to attempt it in the near future, obviously before Action RPG is even remotely finished. The idea being that I can use the finished Paint 2600 to help me draw sprites for Action RPG. It would also get my feet wet with programming the Atarivox (saving sprites to/from the eprom) which will also be required for Action RPG.

Eh. We'll see how it goes.

--

Mord

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3222