IGNORED

Overhauling the Lynx Rarity Guide.

EricDeLee

First things first....

We need to identify games that have been released that are not on the Rarity list. This goes for things like the Klax Jap version which has a different cart style.

Secondly...

We need to identify the prototypes out there and possibly grab some shots from them. We should get a picture of ACTUAL protos as well, so that a buyer can jump on ebay, look at Atari Age as a refrence point and then make a sound judgement as to what a real AvP proto looks like compared to the reproductions that are being sold. I think this is important to protect the buyers.

Thirdly, I made the suggestion that we should go ahead and take pictures of the different TYPES of repros available. The reason being: Personally I like the way some of these look. Had I known there were a few different styles of Desert Strike out there, I'd been searching for them for a while now to try to grab them. I consider these just as important as say a Flat Blue Lightning or a Ridged Blue Lightning.

For example look at the different Desert Strikes out there:

post-3390-1177514115_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1177514125_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1177514138_thumb.jpg

Klax:

post-3390-1177514193_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1177514181_thumb.jpg

Raiden:

post-3390-1177514322_thumb.jpg

post-3390-1177514342.jpg

(And see above picture with Desert Strike and more. There is another version)

I don't think Telegames produced the Raiden surrounded by 3 other repro protos. That is a homemade job from someone on ebay. Which is cool... but it isn't official.

I personally would like to see what Raidens are out there... what games were officially produced and what type of cart was put out for them? If there were 3 different carts... we should list them just like we list Flat, Ridged and Curved.

As for Protos... let's try to get some more info out there. Pictures of the actual Protos would be great. Repros can go on a separate page.

Also where are the following games on the Rarity List:

post-3390-1177514574.jpg

post-3390-1177514800_thumb.jpg

Lastly... I think we should move all vaporware for the Lynx to a different page away from the actual games. This would avoid a lot of issues. If something pops up (for example a proto of Rolling Thunder shows up magically...) then move it back to the games list.

Anyways... that's my post. Take a look at it and add pictures and whatnot. I mentioned this to Al over in the rarity guide section. It's time we give the Lynx rarity guide an overhual. After we add games, etc... we can work on rechecking the rarity of each.

Lets keep this topic to the front and keep it updated. Let's get this thing correct. Those that would like to volunteer pictures... please do so. If you see your picture above: Yes... I stole it from a previous post. If it offends please let me know and I will remove it.

Thanks... Happy discussions!!

i think it's a good idea, especially the pictures of the protos, many a time i've been tempted to bid on a so called proto but having no real knowledge i never did because i'd be the one to end up spending a ton of money on a fake, and they do seem to pop up on ebay more than usual for protos.

P.I.T.S. isn't a game, and, unlike other Lynx titles, its true value comes with its supplemental materials and neat case. I believe that 150-200 units were made, but only a few of those that are left must be more than a bare cart with, perhaps, the original case. I bought my P.I.T.S. for $200 four years ago, and it came with everything but the original Lynx unit. A "fully complete" P.I.T.S. (with original Lynx) must now be very rare indeed.

Daemonsgate was never given a commercial release in any form. All carts that are now in circulation come from (AFAIK) one source, and are pirated repros of that one cart. I know that there are two or three actual protos, but I've never seen them.

There have also been small unauthorized/pirate runs of a few protos that were sold for profit, but not then released to the wider community. How do we categorize these?

Edited by davidcalgary29

I don't think Telegames produced the Raiden surrounded by 3 other repro protos. That is a homemade job from someone on ebay. Which is cool... but it isn't official.

Anyways... that's my post. Take a look at it and add pictures and whatnot. I mentioned this to Al over in the rarity guide section. It's time we give the Lynx rarity guide an overhual.

The Raiden and the other three repros were made and sold by that eBay fellow Abrakadabrax, the one who sold The Space Incident cart recently. I bought Raiden from him, cuz I was having difficulty finding a "real" version out there, and ended up buying the other three to get a better overall deal.

I think having pics of the various versions of carts is a great idea! I don't have much to offer that others don't already have. I have the green PCB versions of Ponx and Lexis, the Black PCB version of SFX, two different AVP carts (the Abra guy's one and B&C's), both Blue Lightning demo carts and two versions of Loopz. But pics of all the flat vs curved lips, etc, would be cool.

The repros that B&C, Best and others make... they are fairly similar to each other, I suspect, but I'd like to see what Best's Hyperdrome or Marlboro Go looks like. And how about Video 61's repros... are they originally created or do they sell B&C's?

Something else we could do with this link... list the truly rare/hard to find games. I've been on a quest to finish my Lynx collection and from my experience, the hardest games to find are Raiden and Krazy Ace Mini Golf. In fact, Krazy Ace is the ONE GAME I can't find at a reasonable cost. (Video 61 lists it for $100, which is ridiculous to me, and 16/32 Systems lists it for around $52 USD, which isn't bad until I factor in shipping from the UK to the USA.) Is there any others that people are having difficulty locating?

Cheers,

Smeg

• 3 months later...