IGNORED

FPS Gundam game on the way [Mobile Suit Gundam MS Front 0079]

AtariJr

• 1 month later...

well there are new pics up of the game that seemingly is only making me giddy... i guess im a sucker for gundam.. here are some shots, and a link of all of them so far. im looking foward to ditching the twin sticks in favore of the wiimote... lets just hope the rest pans out well for the game (why are gundam games 50/50... either really damn good or just plain bad... :ponder: )

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/828/828150/imgs_1.html

post-8862-1180499567_thumb.jpg post-8862-1180499575_thumb.jpg

PS: im looking foward to the SD gundam game as well which got good remarks in japan. supposedly its coming out here in america this fall.

Edited by AtariJr

Is it just me, or does that look WAY better than the PS3 Gundam game?

Not that it's hard considering what a travesty it was. Especially compared to the total fiction that was the "target renders". :(

i think its not as good looking from what ive seen (poly counts and such), but hoenstly they are VERY similar.. and i woudlnt be too shocked if these are just slightly lower quality versions of the ps3 models. The whole in cockpit targeting system with the rifle on the side of you is just like the saturn and dreamcast games, and no doubt damn beautiful for a wii game (a huge step up from the ps2 graphics which many wii games seem to have due to ports and stuff , at least for now). im really looking foward to this, and its great to see the series has now survived three generations.

for a wii game i am quite impressed, especially coming from bandai who can be known to be quite lazy in the graphics departement on gundam games.

Edited by AtariJr

I hope they do this right. Beamsabers with the wiimote would rock!

I never got a chance to play the Dreamcast Gundam game, though I've seen it in town for around $25 CIB. Is it worth getting? Some of the reviews were pretty bad.

i honestly wouldnt. it was short and on the boring bland side. if you want the true side story gundam experience, get the Volume 2 and ESPECIALLY 3 from japan on the saturn. with the twin sticks its one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences youll ever have.

im guesssing that with the ease of aiming/moving with the wii's two controllers, this shoudlnt be like the dreamcast game, but more lik ethe saturn game in intuitiveness. so far its looking great. if sd gundam is coming stateside , which it should be in fall from what ive heard, we SHOULD see this game.. even if it takes a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

ok jbanes.. i think you might be onto something here... check this picture out. this is on the ps3/360 on a gundam game thats not even out yet in the states so its a new game.... the gundam and the enemies look very low poly count and the ground texture is anything but "hi def". what are they doing, just using the same models for the wii and the more powerful machines? wheres the shiney reflective metal and the real mapping ground textures... this is embarrasing. doesnt even look like they are trying to tap the potential of the 360 and the ps3. and yea, i have to agree with you , the wii build is looking very nice, especially in comparison.

post-8862-1181855754_thumb.jpg

ok jbanes.. i think you might be onto something here... check this picture out. this is on the ps3/360 on a gundam game thats not even out yet in the states so its a new game.... the gundam and the enemies look very low poly count and the ground texture is anything but "hi def". what are they doing, just using the same models for the wii and the more powerful machines? wheres the shiney reflective metal and the real mapping ground textures... this is embarrasing. doesnt even look like they are trying to tap the potential of the 360 and the ps3. and yea, i have to agree with you , the wii build is looking very nice, especially in comparison.

post-8862-1181855754_thumb.jpg

It's Dynasty Warriors Gundam. It will follow the same theory as the other Dynasty Warriors games: high polycount models sacrificed for thousands of enemies on the screen.

Your sample image is probably the least densely packed one I've seen.

Let's also remember that this is a licensed Gundam game AND a Koei Warrirors game. Koei has been notorious for dumping last gen graphics on the next gen systems, and Bandai would slap the Gundam name on just about anything.

Regardless, Gundam Warriors is a title I'm eagerly looking forward to. As long as it's at least as good as Samurai Warriors 2 and Dynasty Warriors 5, then I'll be happy. I think the Warriors formula is something that will work perfectly for a Gundam game. There are lots of different mechs to select from, and tons of Zakus to blast to hell.