IGNORED

Virtua Tennis

Gunstar

Gunstar...You're probably right... however, perhaps you ought to follow your own advice.

Every other post on every forum on atariage seems to be from you.

Actually, Only the Jaguar, 8-bit and Modern gaming forums see my posts that often, I hardly ever go to the other forums.

Take my own advice? Maybe. But I'm here a lot because I am into this stuff and enjoy exchaning ideas with others who enjoy this stuff. The frequency of my posts comes down to the fact that I have access basically 24-7 to a computer and the internet, must sit in front of one for 8 hours a day, etc., so I frequently stop by to check on threads I'm following/involved in and whenever I have a thought of this subject matter. I actually have 3 or 4 boards that I stop by once a day, when I check my e-mail, and check on replies for me at them at the same time. A couple, like AtariAge, let me know when I have replies in my e-mail. I am here talking about video games more than I play them, actually. I do however have a life outside of the computer, and a good one with woman and everything, but the computer is definately integrated into my life as much as eating and sleeping. Welcome to the 21st century. 8)

No offense taken or meant. I just thought that you did bring up a valid point and I felt I'd better explain why I did post a lot. No sweat. I know it's hard to judge a person's mood or intentions sometimes when your not actually hearing and seeing inflections, tones and expressions, but I am not and was not angered in anyway. It's all been in good fun all the way back to accusing those guys of not having a life when getting off on polygons. :P

Alrighty then - I'LL start a flame :wink: ! ANY OF YOU CITY SLICKERS WANNA GET A GOOD RACKET WHOPIN - WELL YOU COME ON DOWN (OR UP!) TO INDIANA, AND I'LL SHOW YOU WE HOOSIERS KNOW MORE THAN BASKETBALL AND CORN!! YEE-HAW! IT'LL BE ME "40" - YOU "LOVE" - AND LOSER HAS TO "LOVE" THE PIG! THAT ENOUGH "RACKET" FOR YA-ALL?

Alrighty then - I'LL start a flame  :wink: ! ANY OF YOU CITY SLICKERS WANNA GET A GOOD RACKET WHOPIN - WELL YOU COME ON DOWN (OR UP!) TO INDIANA, AND I'LL SHOW YOU WE HOOSIERS KNOW MORE THAN BASKETBALL AND CORN!! YEE-HAW! IT'LL BE ME "40" - YOU "LOVE" - AND LOSER HAS TO "LOVE" THE PIG! THAT ENOUGH "RACKET" FOR YA-ALL?

Oh yeah?!? If Virtua Tennis had an online mode I kick your "AgASSi" :P all over the court! I'll go "Mackinroe" on you! :x (yes I'm sure I spelled their names wrong, but you get the point)

Surely others must have destroyed a controller or two playing this incredibly frustrating game.

If anyone was able to complete all of the bonus games, I applaud you because they were damn near impossible at the highest levels. If anyone claims to have beaten the game completely with all the extras unlocked, I will view your claim with great skepticism--either you are a very patient gamer who enjoys the endless torture of a cheating AI, or you are lying.

Virtua Tennis (and Tennis 2k2) are the best tennis video games so far. Funny that they are are on the discontinued DC (what a superb console this is). The tennis game for PS2 looks nice but is 2 player only and doesn't have the game play.

NOW... Fila Tennis for xbox comes out this month. They are touting it as the best ever. The screen shots do look nice and all... anyone know anything about it? Adrian? I am extremely curious about it.

I mean, if they could "out do" Virtua Tennis - that'd be amazing... but I truly doubt they can.

Virtua Tennis (and Tennis 2k2) are the best tennis video games so far.  Funny that they are are on the discontinued DC (what a superb console this is).  The tennis game for PS2 looks nice but is 2 player only and doesn't have the game play.  

NOW... <b>Fila Tennis</b> for xbox comes out this month. They are touting it as the best ever.  The screen shots do look nice and all...  anyone know anything about it?  Adrian?  I am extremely curious about it.  

I mean, if they could "out do" Virtua Tennis - that'd be amazing... but I truly doubt they can.

The only tennis games for XBOX that I'm aware of are "Slam Tennis" and WTA Tennis. Not much info is known other than the fact that ebgames seems to have WTA on preorder. I also can't recall seeing anything on a FILA Tennis in the OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE either.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/prod...sp?pf_id=224090

Here are some links I found a while back on Fila Tennis for xbox:

http://www.gamesdomain.com/news/7338.html

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/357/357134p1.html

and here is an article claiming it will build upon the nice stuff in Virtua Tennis:http://store.gamezone.co.nz/product.x?1456636

That's strange...perhaps this could be the "Slam Tennis" title I found some data on. In any event, I won't be buying it given my not-so-enjoyable time spent with the DC versions. Never again I say.