IGNORED

Atari 2600 Time-Based Decathlon

Albert

http://www.snipercade.com/twingal/atari_timed_deca.htmlSnipercade and Twin Galaxies have announced an Atari 2600 Time-Based Decathlon. This event will not be based on scores, but instead time of completion for the ten games involved in the decathlon. The featured games are Skiing, Barnstorming, Grand Prix, Sky Jinks, Dragster, Boxing, Superman, Adventure, Private Eye, and Breakout. Prizes in the form of Atari 2600 carts will be awarded for First, Second and Third. In addition, the winners will have their results published in the Twin Galaxies Book of World Records. For complete rules and information on how to enter, please visit Snipercade. Good luck!

Are the organisers reading this forum?

I'd like to be able to submit using VHSC (compact VHS). The tapes are much smaller and there are adapters that let you play them in a normal VCR. Posting a VHSC from Australia v's a VHS will probably save me $5.

Or how about digitised video? Can I record to tape then record the video to my PC using a video capture device?

Does it matter if it's in black and white? If I load an NTSC ROM onto my Cuttle Cart I will probably only be able to record a black and white NTSC signal onto tape. (I only have about 7 of the titles as a real cart :( )

(oh, and BTW, I don't think PAL has an EP. In PAL mode my VCR only has SP and LP (2-hour and 4-hour). Only NTSC tapes go up to EP.)

>Are the organisers reading this forum?

Yes, one of them is... :)

>I'd like to be able to submit using VHSC (compact VHS). The tapes are much smaller and there are adapters that let you play them in a normal VCR. Posting a VHSC from Australia v's a VHS will probably save me $5.

Write directly to Robert Mruczek and ask him about this. I don't think it'll be a problem, but it can't hurt to ask him ahead of time.

>Or how about digitised video? Can I record to tape then record the video to my PC using a video capture device?

Absolutely!

>Does it matter if it's in black and white? If I load an NTSC ROM onto my Cuttle Cart I will probably only be able to record a black and white NTSC signal onto tape. (I only have about 7 of the titles as a real cart )

Nope, we don't mind if it's Colour or B/W. As long as we can see the gameplay and final time/score.

>(oh, and BTW, I don't think PAL has an EP. In PAL mode my VCR only has SP and LP (2-hour and 4-hour). Only NTSC tapes go up to EP.)

Our bad. Typical Americans huh? ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow gamers:

Let me introduce myself...I am Robert T Mruczek, the chief referee for Twin Galaxies and the person hosting the Atari 2600 time-based decathalon.

So far I have about 6 or 7 entrants into the competition (registered), myself included.

Any specific questions about the competition's rules you can check here... http://www.twingalaxies.com/admins/MKM/pag...k/atarideca.htm

Also, regarding the other thread postings about specific forms of entry submissions (VHSC, PC-based, etc), I a,m deferring for technical reasons final approval on these formats to senior TG referee Ron Corcoran, and as you can see, he has already replied on this thread so if he says yes, then I will accept the submission method.

Any other questions, feel free to E-MAIL me at any time. It is my at-work E-MAIL address, but I always have the time when things aren't crazed during the day, or definitely after hours, to provide information on any questions that you might have.

Players are required to reqister with me for competition entry. Simply let me know the basic stuff...name, address and age & E-MAIL, and I will log you in asa competitor.

Players are required to complete a TG player agreement submission form which I can provide to you in either PDF or Microsoft WORD format either via E-MAIL or I can fax or send to you via 1st class mail.

Competition is underway. Good luck to all !!

Robert T Mruczek

Twin Galaxies - Editor and Chief referee

Star Wars classic arcade champion

(212) 366-3036 (work-day)

rmruczek@doremus.com (work E-MAIL)