IGNORED

1200 XL and Cartridges?

Larry

Is the cartridge slot on a 1200 XL large enough to accomodate pretty much any Atari cartridge? Does anyone use a 1200 XL with the AtariMax MyIde Flashcart + compact flash? Enough room for that?

I'm considering buying a 1200 XL, and since there is no PBI, I'd probably be using the MyIDE. I could install an internal interface, but probably prefer the cart.

If there are any interested U.S. /Canadian sellers (due to postage), send me a PM -- nice, fully working units only, please. I will respond to all PM's.

-Larry

My bet friend has a 1200XL and he needed to run what is called FIXXL program in order to play some games and the only carts he had trouble with was the any K-razy carts games, like K-razy antics, K-razy shootout there are more K-razy games but i can't remember off hand.

If I remember correctly the K-razy games carts didn't fit quite right and you if put push them in a bit to snug the games wouldn't work however any other cart would work fine.

Thanks! Yes, I'm sure there are likely a few third-party carts that just won't fit. I have a K-Star Patrol cart, but that's no biggie. But I've measured my MVC's (most valuable cartridges) -- the ICD "SuperCarts" and they should fit just fine. And using the MyIDE with the Transcend flash module is an excellent suggestion.

-Larry

I had trouble fitting some 3rd party carts into my 1200xl. I thought about sanding down the inside of the cartridge slot, but I read you can use any "passthrough" cart to get around the issue so I may use my R-Time8 cart instead.

The OS still has some problems with certain games, but thankfully my modded 1200xl has 4 different OS's to choose from.

Tempest