IGNORED

Tunnel Runner

bomberpunk

Tunnel Runner is indeed AwEsOmE. It's also one of the first games I spacifically looked for. I always look for Atari games, but this is one that when I heard about it, I was like "NO WAY" and actively seeked it out. And it's a great game as well as a pretty impressive graphical feat for the 2600.

Tunnel Runner for the Atari 2600 is a very impressive feat indeed.I never played it untill last year when i got a loose copy and i was trying to imagine what it would of been like playing this for the first time back when it had came out.It would of just blown me away i think.

Tunnel Runner for the Atari 2600 is a very impressive feat indeed.I never played it untill last year when i got a loose copy and i was trying to imagine what it would of been like playing this for the first time back when it had came out.It would of just blown me away i think.

It did....I had it back in the day (early teens). It was wild playing it late at night in the dark....you get up a few levels, start tearing around the maze, make a turn, and come face to face with a baddie. Scared the hell out of me once or twice.

I played it just the other day while my 5-year old son was watching....it scared him too. :)

It's a great start. It could have been one of the best VCS games, if only a weapon were involved. One feels like a pansy just running away from the bad guys all the time. It's extremely one-dimensional to me because of that.

heheheh, nice comment in light of the current gun control discussions in the general chat forum :)

Cheers,

Marco

Not to bust anyone's bubble, but if you like Tunnel Runner, take Escape From the Mindmaster for a spin. The gameplay is different, but it's still first person and graphically it makes Tunnel Runner look horrible.

That said, Tunnel Runner is fun it its own right. It is also one of the two CBS titles I do not currently own, but I'd like to get.