IGNORED

Ball

atari2600land

(I'd make it a lot easier to download this, but I can't use the dropdown menus in this new format.) Anyway, it's a new game called Ball in which you control a ball. It's like all the other platform games I've worked on, but I think this is the best version of all of them. To jump, press up (I may change this to fire). I've yet to implement a pause using fire. There's only 4 screens of gameplay so far. And to turn off the music, turn the left difficulty switch to A any time if you get tired of it. Also, right difficulty controls PAL colors and the B&W switch works.

http://www.atari2600land.com/ball042807.bas - .bas file

http://www.atari2600land.com/ball042807.bas.bin - binary file

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an updated version. Since GoSub is done, I have to get started on another project. I added an enemy on some screens (killer dog poo.) and a new screen. Well, it's 5/12 in Europe, anyway.

The PAL/NTSC switch works now, as well as the B&W switch. You can't "climb up" the wall any more, so if you miss an edge while jumping, pressing right/up diagonal just prolongs your life 'til the timer reaches 0 (I haven't even programmed lives in anyway!)

Remember, up is jump. I might make fire pause, which is why up is jumping. Think Moon Patrol. ;)

ball051207.bas.bin

ball051207.bas