IGNORED

It's not the ninties

Atarifever

but man is there ever still time for Klax. I just got this game, and it's the first puzzle game besides Qix that I have ever liked (maybe it's something about puzzle games with X in the name). In any case, I think it may be the varied goals that I like, along with the fact of some designers finally choosing a colour set that isn't confusing to a colour blind person. I couldn't mix those colours up on my worst day. Seriously, this game is incredible.

but man is there ever still time for Klax. I just got this game, and it's the first puzzle game besides Qix that I have ever liked (maybe it's something about puzzle games with X in the name). In any case, I think it may be the varied goals that I like, along with the fact of some designers finally choosing a colour set that isn't confusing to a colour blind person. I couldn't mix those colours up on my worst day. Seriously, this game is incredible.

Klax is a great game but i found a better version on my Playstation 2 its on the Sega Classics Collection i think the game is Jewel or something like that its one of my favorites games in the collection though.

The only real failing of Klax on the 7800 is its weak in-game sound effects. This is a real pity, as most of the game's considerable atmosphere is created through the use of sound, and without that, it does lose some of its fun factor. I can't really enjoy Klax on the 7800 after having spent so many wonderful gaming hours on the superior Lynx port.

Edited by davidcalgary29

The only real failing of Klax on the 7800 is its weak in-game sound effects. This is a real pity, as most of the game's considerable atmosphere is created through the use of sound, and without that, it does lose some of its fun factor. I can't really enjoy Klax on the 7800 after having spent so many wonderful gaming hours on the superior Lynx port.

Yeah, I always found that Klax suffered not only from "weak sounds" but almost no sounds at all. Even TIA can do more than what is present, including some of the voices.

Klax is a great game but i found a better version on my Playstation 2 its on the Sega Classics Collection i think the game is Jewel or something like that its one of my favorites games in the collection though.

Columns?

Columns?

Yep! Thats the one! :)

Interesting little tidbit about Klax designer Dave Akers from Wiki:

As of Spring 2006, Dave has teaching English in Numazu, Japan.

Cool! Although from the sound of that entry Dave has teaching English not so well... ;)

Tempest

I've got Klax on Playstation and NES. By the time my video game collection is complete I'll probably have about 15 different versions. Not as many as Rampage, but still pretty good.

When I get them all I'll let you know which one's the best. I didn't even realise there was a Klax for 7800.

From what I've played of it, Klax in general is awesome. I haven't messed with the 7800 port, but from the discussion surrounding several 7800 titles I don't have (there aren't many I'm missing), perhaps I need to hook up that emulator again and git ta playin'.