IGNORED

Anyone else pick up EDF 2017?

raindog151

I love this game, but I haven't played it in quite a while.

I got to a level with a giant walker roving around a village type area and firing it's godawful cannon while spewing out mechs and aircraft. The constant shaking of the screen from ever present explosions made me nauseous. I couldn't continue.

Other than that personal physical limitation, I think the game is great.

I love this game, but I haven't played it in quite a while.

I got to a level with a giant walker roving around a village type area and firing it's godawful cannon while spewing out mechs and aircraft. The constant shaking of the screen from ever present explosions made me nauseous. I couldn't continue.

Other than that personal physical limitation, I think the game is great.

Heh. Like around... 15 or so?

Yeah, a few things:

1. you can turn off the screenshake

2. you can't actually kill the walker on the level, it's just survival

I've been switching to easy mode. At least for one player, it's just too much, at least w/ my current weapon set...

Yeah. Screen shake was pretty much the first thing I messed with after I met it.

Kisrael, I did that too for a while. Hell, clearing easy mode gets you the almost-best, actually-worst, really-cool laser sniper rifle.

Carries 3 seconds of charge, and isn't reloadable. But for those 3 seconds, it is OBSCENELY powerful. 100 damage a shot, 60 shots a second.

You may want to take your guns from later normal/easy levels and go blast some early hard-mode bugs, though. It'll make life MUCH easier on you(I actually HAD to do that to dig out enough firepower for the later normal mode stages).

D3 has a list of guns, along with when they start dropping, at http://www.d3press.us/files/Earth%20Defens...sc_EDF_2017.doc

I love that they left their press sites accessible to the public.

Kisrael, I did that too for a while. Hell, clearing easy mode gets you the almost-best, actually-worst, really-cool laser sniper rifle.

Carries 3 seconds of charge, and isn't reloadable. But for those 3 seconds, it is OBSCENELY powerful. 100 damage a shot, 60 shots a second.

D3 has a list of guns, along with when they start dropping, at http://www.d3press.us/files/Earth%20Defens...sc_EDF_2017.doc

I love that they left their press sites accessible to the public.

That's a cool list. (I like some of the art you can d'load from that site) I've now beaten the single player on easy (well, not quite, I should go back and do the early levels on easy that I cleared on Normal) and am now starting from scratch at a friends doing two player; I guess I have a better understanding of farming stamina, and can use these charts to be thoughtful about weapons. Would love to see a Cascade 2 :-)