IGNORED

Impossible Mission coming to Wii shop channel!

8th lutz

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/03/impossib...hannel-forever/

For fans of the Epyx classic, Impossible Mission - more good news! It seems that Nintendo will be adding IM to the shopping channel - BUT:

It's not going to be a Virtual console game. Just a standalone game with an updated and a retro version.

I expect more orignal or remake games like this to be the Wii shop channel. I remembered Nintendo mentioning last year that there will be some orginal games on the Wii shop Channel.

I expect System 3 to do more of this for the wii with it being download on the Wii shop channel.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that The Last Ninja may also be available for Wii at some point in a similar style, retro and updated versions. That may also being released outside of the VC, I guess.

Were C64 games a possibility for the VC? I thought I read somewhere that it was happening. Or was that simply speculation?

Any word on the price? I remember this game from the 80's, but not many details. Retro games updated and released for $5 or so like Microsoft does would be pretty nice.

One can only dream of a demo version on the Wii!

Any word on the price? I remember this game from the 80's, but not many details. Retro games updated and released for $5 or so like Microsoft does would be pretty nice.

One can only dream of a demo version on the Wii!

There is no word on the price. I wish there was a word on the price too.

... still waiting for saturn games on the VC... sigh

I don't see how the Wii could emulate the Saturn though. Even dis-regarding the size of a Saturn ISO, it takes at a minumum a 3 gig P4 PC to run a Saturn emulator right. And the Wii's specs just don't stack up to that. Maybe if the games were ported for the download service it could work.